|Location||Guwahati, Guwahati (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||The park remains open from 10:00 am to 08:00 pm all through the week except for Thursday. Entry fee for adult is INR 20 and children is INR 10.|
|Place Type||Garden, Nature Sites and Parks|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends, Kids, Couples|
About Nehru Park
Nehru Park is one of the oldest parks in Assam which is located right opposite the famous Cotton College. It was built during the 2000s and is named after the first Prime Minister of India. Nehru Park has countless species of trees which are complemented by concrete sculptures of local people performing various varieties of folk dances of Assam.
The park has a jogging track and also a children's playground with lots of rides and games for the kids in the park. It is a major tourist attraction of the city as well as a place of entertainment and excursion for the citizens of Guwahati.
Interesting facts about Nehru Park
- The land belonged to a church, which was later renovated by the government to build this park.
- There was also a cemetery in the premises of the park which was later removed by the government.
- Right in front of the park is the prestigious centuries old Cotton College, which was built during the British rule in India.
- Nehru Park has a serene and serene environment with trees and plantations all around which adds to the beauty of the park.
- Nehru Park has about 45 concrete sculptures depicting different dance forms of Assam like Bihu dance, Devdhani dance, Ojapali dance, Bor Taal dance, Jhumur dance etc.
- Nehru Park also has an open air theater and a rock garden.
How to reach Nehru Park
By Bus:- Near Nehru Park is Panbazar Bus Stop which is 2 mins away.
By Rail:- Nehru Park is located in the Paan Bazar area of Guwahati in the state of Assam, at a distance of 1 km from Guwahati Railway Station and can be reached by rickshaw.
By Air:- The nearest airport to Nehru Park is Guwahati Airport which is 21.7 km away. From here one can easily take a cab to the park.
Nearby famous places
- Assam State Museum
- Guwahati Planetarium
- Ugra Tara Temple
- Sukreshwar Temple
- Maati Centre
- Fancy Bazar
- Umananda Temple
- Guwahati War Memorial