|Stadium, Hyderabad (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This stadium is open from morning to evening., Entry Fee:- The ticket price for the stadium starts from Rs 500. However, ticket prices may vary depending on the match.
|Entertainment Centers, Fun and Activity
|Place visit with
|Friends, Siblings, Youngsters
|Stadium Metro Station (2 KM) NGRI Metro Station (1 KM) Habsiguda Metro Station (0 KM) Tarnaka Metro Station (0 KM) Mettuguda Metro Station (2 KM)
About Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium
Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium, often referred to as RGIC Stadium, is a major cricket stadium located in Hyderabad, India. The stadium was inaugurated on 16 November 2004 and was named in honor of former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi. The stadium is owned by the Hyderabad Cricket Association (HCA), the governing body responsible for cricket in the region. The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium has state-of-the-art facilities including modern facilities for players, spectators and media.
It has several hospitality boxes, corporate suites and a press box. The stadium has hosted a variety of cricket matches, including Test matches, One Day Internationals (ODIs), and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is). It is the home ground of the Indian Premier League (IPL) franchise Sunrisers Hyderabad. Some memorable cricket moments have taken place in this stadium, including Sachin Tendulkar's historic 200th Test match in 2013. It has also hosted the IPL final and other high-profile matches.
Architecture of Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium
The stadium is located in Uppal and is spread over approximately 16 acres of land and can seat approximately 55,000 spectators. The stadium was designed by renowned Australian architect Rod Sheard, who is known for his work on sports venues around the world. This stadium is known for its unique and innovative design. It features floodlights on the roof, ensuring consistent and shadow-free illumination for day-night matches.
Interesting facts about Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium
- It has hosted a variety of cricket matches, including Test matches, One Day Internationals (ODIs) and Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is).
- The stadium has hosted several historic matches, including Sachin Tendulkar's 200th Test match in 2013.
- The stadium has implemented eco-friendly initiatives such as rainwater harvesting and solar power generation to reduce its environmental impact.
- Apart from cricket matches, the stadium has also hosted various entertainment events, concerts and cultural programmes.
- The Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium is an important sports and entertainment venue in Hyderabad and has played an important role in promoting cricket in the region, hosting many memorable cricket moments.
How to reach Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium
By Metro :- The nearest metro station to the stadium is Habsiguda. It is a 28-minute walk.
By Bus :- The nearest bus stop to the stadium is Habsiguda Street 8. It is an 11-minute walk away.
By Road:- Road route will be easy to reach the stadium, one can easily reach the stadium by taking a rickshaw.
Nearby famous places
- Charminar 9.8 km away
- Mecca Masjid 9.8 km away
- NTR Garden 9.4 km away
- Tank Bund 9.5 km away
- Hussain Sagar Lake 8.8 km away
- Kala Shree Kala Mandir 3 km away
- Snow World 8.2 km away
- Osmania University 4.1 km away