|Defence Colony, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timing: 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM. Closed on Mondays and Holidays Entry fee: No entry fee
|Art Galleries & Museum, Museums
|Place visit with
|Friends, Solo, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
|Lajpat Nagar Metro Station (0 KM) Moolchand Metro Station (1 KM) South Extension Metro Station (2 KM) Vinobapuri Metro Station (1 KM)
About Shrine Empire
Shrine Empire was founded in 2008 by Anahita Taneja and Shefali Somani. Since its inception, Shrine Empire has continually focused on promoting artists from the South Asian region whose practices emphasize process, research, and the conceptual use of media and materials. The gallery's programming has created a unique identity for the space through curated exhibitions and proposals as well as commissioned projects that explore the intersection between aesthetics and the social/political concerns of its immediate context. Shrine Empire's community includes a large network of local and international partners, and collaboratively, the gallery contributes to the creation of discourse on contemporary art in South Asia through discussions, artist talks, workshops and patronage.
Interesting facts about Shrine Empire
- The gallery has expanded its outreach programs to build a strong foundation for the arts locally by supporting continuing educational initiatives and alternative practices.
- The gallery promotes artists, curators and art-writers who are invested in redefining the boundaries of contemporary art practice.
- Designed by Nori Narrative in a palette of concrete and wood, the Reading Salon at Shrine Empire offers a break from the art gallery while engaging with the art on display.
- Humayun's Tomb 2 kms away
- Lotus Temple 5 kms away
- India Habitat Centre 6 kms away
- Qutub Minar 9 kms away
- Lodhi Garden 9 kms away
- Connaught Place 11 kms away
- India Gate 11 kms away
- Akshardham Temple 14 kms away
- Rashtrapati Bhavan 14 kms away
How to reach Shrine Empire
By Metro:- Shrine Empire Gallery is about 0.17 kms from Lajpat Nagar Metro Station. You can reach this metro station by using Metro MRT.
By Rail:- Lajpat Nagar Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Shrine Empire Gallery. It is about 0.56 km away from it.
By Auto:- Delhi is well connected by road , one can easily take an auto to reach Shrine Empire and go.