|Location||Banjara Hills, Hyderabad (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Timings:- Jagannath Temple timings are from 6 am to 12 noon and from 5 pm to 10 pm.|
|Place Type||Temple, Hindu Temple, Religious Place|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends,Solo|
|Best time to visit||January, February, March, October, November, December|
About Sri Jagannath Temple
Jagannath Temple, located in Hyderabad, Telangana state of India, is dedicated to Lord Jagannath. This temple was built in 2009 by the Oriya community living in Hyderabad. It serves as a cultural center for the Odia community and attracts visitors from across the city. The main deities worshiped in the temple are Lord Jagannath (incarnation of Lord Krishna), his siblings, Lord Balabhadra and Goddess Subhadra. The idols are made of wood and resemble the deities of the Puri temple. The temple conducts regular religious ceremonies, aartis, and bhajans, providing a spiritual experience to devotees and visitors. Devotees can partake of Prasadam, which is sacred food offered to the deities. The temple serves prasadam to visitors, which often includes popular Odia dishes like khichdi and dalma.
Architecture of Sri Jagannath Temple
The architecture of the temple is inspired by the traditional Kalinga style, which is characteristic of the temples of the Odisha region. This temple has been constructed in an area of 3000 square yards. About 600 tons of sandstone was brought from Orissa to build the temple. The temple is intricately carved; Which was made by about 60 artisans. Whereas, the interior of the sanctum sanctorum is made of plain brick wall separated by pillars and three entrances which are made of sandstone.
Interesting facts about Sri Jagannath Temple
- The most attractive part of this temple is its "Shikhar" which is about 70 feet in height.
- Only Hindus are allowed to worship the deities inside the temple. A sign at the entrance of the temple clearly reads: "Only Hindus allowed."
- Chhena Poda, cooked for several hours, is a festival special as it is considered to be Lord Jagannath's favorite sweet. It is cooked in homes and restaurants on special occasions and festivals and offered to God.
- No items including cell phones, shoes, socks, cameras and umbrellas are allowed inside the temple.
- The temple has shrines dedicated to Lord Krishna, Balarama and Subhadra as well as Hanuman, Shiva, Ganapati and Goddess Lakshmi.
How to reach Sri Jagannath Temple
By Bus :- The nearest bus stand to the temple is Mahatma Gandhi.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to the temple is Banjara Hills which is about 9 kilometers away. From here you can take a rickshaw to reach the temple
By Air:- The distance between Jagannath Temple and Rajiv Gandhi International Airport is approximately 35 kilometers. From here you can easily reach the temple by taking an auto.
Nearby famous places
- Birla Mandir 4.6 km away
- Sri Ramakrishna Math 5.9 km away
- GVK One Mall 2.4 km away
- Qutub Shahi Tomb 4.2 km away
- Inorbit Mall 4.7 km away
- Antiques Humayun 8 minutes away
- Meghavi Wellness Spa MLA Colony 11 minutes away
- Hare Krishna Golden Temple 14 minutes away
- KBR National Park 1.7 km away
- Golconda Fort 3.3 km away