|Falaknuma, Hyderabad (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The Palace opens from 10 am to 5 pm, with different timings for lunch and dinner. Entry Fee:- The entry fee in the palace is different for everyone according to age.
|Palace & Landmarks, Monuments
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September
About Taj Falaknuma Palace
Taj Falaknuma Palace is a famous luxury heritage hotel located in Hyderabad, India. The Taj Falaknuma Palace holds immense historical significance as it was once the palace of the Nizam, one of the wealthiest and most influential rulers of India during the British Raj. The palace was constructed in 1893 and is witness to a rich tapestry of history. The hotel offers a range of luxurious accommodations, including rooms and suites, each exquisitely furnished with antique furniture and décor. The guests can relish a variety of culinary delights at the palace's dining establishments. Guests can experience the opulent lifestyle of the Nizam era while enjoying modern amenities and impeccable service that Taj Hotels are known for.
Architecture of Taj Falaknuma Palace
Falaknuma Mahal was designed by William Ward Marett, an English architect. It is built entirely of Italian marble with stained glass windows and covers an area of 93,970 square meters (1,011,500 sq ft). The palace was built in the shape of a scorpion with its two stingers spread like wings towards the north. In the central part are the main building and the kitchen, the round bungalow, the zenana palace and the harem quarter in the south. The Nawab was an avid traveller, and his influence is seen in the architecture, which combines Italian and Tudor influences.
Interesting facts about Taj Falaknuma Palace
- The castle contains a library with a carved walnut ceiling, a replica of that of Windsor Castle.
- One of the main attractions of the palace is the State Reception Hall, where the ceiling is decorated with frescoes and gilded carvings.
- The palace is a prestigious venue for weddings, special events and celebrations. Its grand halls, gardens and panoramic views make it a dreamy place for memorable occasions.
- The Nizam Suite in the palace is one of the most lavish suites in the world. It is decorated with gold leaf and contains rare and precious artefacts.
How to reach Taj Falaknuma Palace
By Rail :- The nearest railway station to Taj Falaknuma Palace is Huppuguda. It is an 18 minute walk.
By Air :- The nearest airport to Taj Falaknuma Palace is Begumpet which is 15 km away.
By Bus :- The nearest bus stand to Taj Falaknuma Palace is Engine Bowli which is at a distance of 1 kilometer.
Nearby famous places
- Sudha Car Museum 3.2 kms away
- Mecca Masjid 3.4 km away
- Birla Mandir 8.3 kms away
- Sri Ramakrishna Math 9 kms away
- Peddamma Temple 9.1 km away
- ISKCON Hyderabad Sri Sri Radha Madanmohan Temple 6.4 km away
- Kachiguda Mahankali Temple 1.6 km away
- Qutub Shahi Tomb 9.5 km away
- Buddha Statue 9.4 km away