|Bhootnath Market, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This temple remains open from 6 am to 7 pm.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Friends, Married Couples, Solo, Parants, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
|Badshah Nagar Metro Station (2 KM) Lekhraj Market Metro Station (1 KM) Bhootnath Market Metro Station (0 KM) Indira Nagar Metro Station (1 KM) Munshipulia Metro Station (1 KM)
About Bhootnath Temple
Bhoothnath Temple has a rich history that is deeply rooted in Hindu mythology and religious traditions. The temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, one of the major deities in the Hindu pantheon. There are also idols of other gods and goddesses inside the temple like Mata Parvati, Ganesh ji, Maa Kali etc. This temple is also called Baba Bhootnath Temple because this temple was built by Baba Bhootnath who lived here. Every year Mahashivratri is celebrated with great enthusiasm, devotion and enthusiasm among the local devotees and tourists. It is a place of devotion and spiritual connection for those who seek the blessings of Lord Shiva.
Architecture of Bhootnath Temple
The architecture of Bhoothnath Temple is a blend of traditional and contemporary styles. The entrance to the temple is decorated with ornate designs, and the inner sanctum houses the sacred Lingam, a symbolic representation of Lord Shiva. The serene and spiritual atmosphere of the temple is complemented by its architectural beauty.
Interesting facts about Bhootnath Temple
- Bhoothnath Temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva, the destroyer and transformer in the Hindu trinity, symbolizing the cycle of creation, preservation and destruction.
- Devotees come to the temple to seek blessings of Lord Shiva for strength, wisdom and liberation from the cycle of life and death.
- Maha Shivaratri, a major Hindu festival dedicated to Lord Shiva, is celebrated with great devotion and enthusiasm in the temple.
- The temple offers a peaceful and tranquil environment for visitors to pray and meditate.
- It is a place where devotees can connect with their spiritual self and find solace and guidance through their faith.
How to reach Bhootnath Temple
By Road: Lucknow is connected by all roads. You can take rickshaws and buses to reach Bhootnath Temple.
By Train: The distance of the temple from Lucknow Junction is 8 kilometers, from here you can easily reach the temple by taking a rickshaw.
By Air: Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is located at a distance of 12 kilometers from Bhootnath Temple. From here you can book a cab or Ola to reach the temple.
Nearby famous places
- Bada Imambara 7 Km away
- Chhota Imambara 5 Km away
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Park 10 Kms away
- Rumi Darwaza 8 Kms away
- Ambedkar Memorial Park 14 km away
- Jama Masjid 7 Km away
- Lucknow Zoo 9 Kms away