|Charbhag Railway station, Lucknow, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Charbhag Railway station open 24 hours all days in week, No entry fee.
|Palace & Landmarks, Sightseeing
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
|Thakurganj Metro Station (2 KM) Balaganj Metro Station (1 KM) Sarfarazganj Metro Station (1 KM) Musabagh Metro Station (2 KM)
About Charbagh Railway Station
It is one of the main railway stations of Lucknow, also known as Charbagh station, as it is located in Charbagh. It was completed in 1914 and a glimpse of Rajasthani building style can be seen in its architecture.
It resembles a chess board, with chess pieces such as domes, pillars and turrets on a single board. This was also the first meeting of Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru.
Architecture of Charbagh Railway Station
A major role in the design and planning of the Charbagh railway station building was performed by Choubey Mukta Prasad, a consulting engineer for Ms. Lenbrown and Hewlett. This massive red and white structure, with its bastions, domes and towers, is an impressive sight, the basic structure of the station complex being rectangular in shape with projected porticos. There are many towers and clusters of circular Awadhi domes.
Interesting facts about Charbagh Railway Station
- There are various tunnels under the station which are used today for the purpose of transporting goods.
- When standing on the verandah of the station, you do not hear the sound of moving trains.
- It is one of the few railway stations in the country, which has got the tag of being 'Child Labor Free'.
- Mahatma Gandhi and Jawaharlal Nehru first met in 1916 at Charbagh railway station
How to reach Charbagh Railway Station
By Bus:- The nearest stand to Charbagh Railway Station is Charbagh Bus Stand which is located at a distance of 0 km from where you will get bus to every place easily.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Charbagh is Aishbagh Railway Station which is at a distance of 2 km.
By Road:- Here you will find autos and rickshaws in public, from where you can reach the station comfortably.
Nearby famous places
- Botanical Garden 0.87 KM away
- Maqbara Alia 2.44 KM away
- Khamman Peer Tomb 0.91 KM away
- Bara Imambara 4.19 KM away
- Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden 3.83 KM away
- Ambedkar Memorial Park 5.9 KM away
- The Residency 3.31 KM away
- Rumi Darwaza 4.45 KM away
- Chandrika Devi Temple 22.81 KM away
- Chota Imambara 4.86 KM away