|Barabanki, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- Dewa Sharif Dargah is open from 6 am to 8 pm on all days of the week. Tourists can come here any time from Sunday to Saturday, between morning and evening.
|Mosques, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Solo, Parants, Siblings
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
About Dewa Sharif
Dewa Sharif holds a deep historical and spiritual heritage. It is the tomb of the revered Sufi saint Haji Waris Ali Shah, born in 1819. His teachings emphasized love, peace and unity among people beyond religious and social boundaries. He is known for his spiritual guidance, healing powers and works of charity, which attracted devotees from all walks of life. The shrine of Haji Waris Ali Shah became a symbol of his teachings, attracting pilgrims, Sufi enthusiasts and seekers of spiritual knowledge. His legacy continues to inspire those who come to Dewa Sharif for solace, blessings and to connect with the saint's profound message of love, tolerance and humanitarianism.
Architecture of Dewa Sharif
The architecture of Dewa Sharif combines Islamic and Mughal design elements, featuring domes, arches and intricate calligraphy. The temple is decorated with ornate details and beautiful floral patterns, creating a serene and spiritual atmosphere for devotees. The temple complex also includes a large courtyard where devotees can gather for prayer and contemplation.
Interesting facts about Dewa Sharif
- Dewa Sharif is an important Sufi pilgrimage site and spiritual center that promotes love, unity and peace among people.
- This Dargah is the final resting place of Haji Waris Ali Shah, a revered Sufi saint known for his teachings of tolerance and humanism.
- Devotees from different religions visit the temple to seek blessings and offer prayers, highlighting its inclusive nature.
- The annual Urs (death anniversary) of Haji Waris Ali Shah is a major event in Dewa Sharif, attracting large crowds of devotees.
- The architecture and design of the temple reflects a blend of Islamic and Mughal influences, creating a serene and spiritually uplifting ambiance.
How to reach Dewa Sharif
By Road: Dewa Sharif can be easily reached by road from Lucknow and other nearby cities. Local buses and private transport options are available to reach the temple.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Barabanki Junction, which is well connected to major cities of India. From the railway station, you can hire a taxi or take a local train to Dewa Sharif.
By Air: The nearest airport is Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport in Lucknow. From here you can hire a taxi or take a shuttle service to reach Dewa Sharif.
Nearby famous places
- Lucknow 30 km away
- Barabanki 13 km away
- Ram Manohar Lohia Park 28 km away
- Lucknow Zoo 29 Kms away
- Residency, Lucknow 25 Kms away
- Hazratganj market 28 km away
- Sikandar Bagh 30 km away