|Location||Kozhikode 11 kms, Kannur route, Elathur Panchayat, Kozhikode, Kozhikode (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Elathur timings 06:00 am to 09:00 pm, No entry Fee.|
|Place Type||Town, Sightseeing|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends, Kids, Couples|
Kozhikode is a quaint village in picturesque surroundings located about 12 km north of the city. Surrounded by a lake on one side and a river on the other, Elathur is well connected by road and rail. The place is heaven for seafood lovers as you will be served with some of the best seafood, freshwater fish and toddy to complete the beach experience. Here is a species of plant whose leaves are shaped like butterflies. Many different species of animals can also be seen here.
Interesting facts about Elathur
- Ilathur is a quiet village situated in Kozhikode and is surrounded by a lake on one side and river on the other.
- This mesmerizing place is a paradise for seafood lovers as it offers a wide variety of delicious dishes to its guests.
- This place is ideal for visitors who want to relax while soaking their spirits in the beauty of nature.
- To the west of Elathur lies the Arabian Sea and the Elathur beach stretches from Puthiyanirathe to Korapuzha.
- It is a perfect place for those who want to spend some precious time alone or with family.
- With its low population and natural beauty, Elathur mesmerizes the travelers with its beauty.
- Extraterrestrial scenes of setting sunset beyond the horizon can be captured except in true shades of orange, red and blue.
How to reach Elathur
By Train:- Near Elathur is West Hill Railway Station which is at a distance of 7 KM you can go comfortably by taking rickshaw from the station.
By Air:- Elathur is located at a distance of 35 km from Calicut airport. You can book a cab from here to reach Elathur.
By Road:- You can take public transport like rickshaw or auto to reach Elathur and go comfortably.
Nearby famous places
- Deepanjali Lamp Museum 5.3 km
- Varakkal Devi Temple 7.1 km
- Varakkal beach 7.4 km
- Krishna Menon Museum and Art Gallery 8.1 km
- Pazhassi Raja Museum 8.1 km