|Elliot's Beach, Chennai (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|The beach can be visited between 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM and there is no entry fee.
|Beaches, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Married Couples, Parants, Siblings
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
About Elliot's Beach
Elliot's Beach is located in Besant Nagar, Chennai, India. It forms the end-point of Marina Beach, and is named after Edward Elliot, who was at one time chief magistrate and superintendent of police in colonial Madras.
Interesting facts about Elliot's Beach
- Elliot is most pleasant in the morning or at sunset, when locals come here for evening walks.
- Karl Schmidt Memorial An important landmark on this beach is the Karl Schmidt Memorial which is named after a Dutch sailor who lost his life while rescuing a drowning swimmer.
- Here you get a lot of peace or the place looks very pleasant, many people come here to remove their stress, this place is very perfect for your picnic, children are very happy to come here.
- This place is considered very good for couples, they come here and spend a lot of time with each other.
How to reach Elliot's Beach
By Bus:- Basant Nagar Bus Station is near Elliot Beach which is 9 minutes walk away.
By Train:- Nearest Train Station to Elliot is Indira Nagar Smt Station which is 20 mins walking distance.
By Metro: The approximate driving distance between Elliots Beach and CMBT Metro Station is 19 km. It takes 22 minutes to reach CMBT Metro Station from Elliot Beach.
By Air: The nearest airport is Chennai International Airport, which is 15 km away from the accommodation. From where you can easily reach Elliot Beach by taxi or auto.
Nearby famous places
- Travel Spoon 10 Minutes Away
- Dining Day 22 Minutes away
- Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir 4.3 km away
- Kapaleshwar Temple 5.1 km away
- Marundeshwar Temple 1.8 km away
- Arupdai Veedu Temple 19 mins away
- Parthasarathy Temple 6.3 km away
- Shirdi Sai Baba Mandir 9.7 km away
- Vadapalani Murugan Temple is 7.4 km away
- Hare Krishna Movement Shri Krishna Balarama Temple 30 mins away
- Kamakshi Amman Temple 6.4 km away