|Vastrapur, Ahmedabad (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|No Entry Fees. It is open from 8 AM in the morning till 10 PM in the evening on all days of the week.
|Lakes & Waterfalls, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
About Vastrapur Lake
Vastrapur Lake was first made public in 2002 by the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation. But later, in 2013, it was renamed in memory of Narsingh Mehta, who is known as 'Bhakta Kavi Narsingh Mehta Sarovar', a 15th century poet in Gujarat. Along with the renaming of the garden, a statue of the famous poet was also installed.
Recently in 2019, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation has decided to let the Narmada river water flow into the River.
Architecture of Vastrapur Lake
Vastrapur Lake is a famous picnic spot in Ahmedabad and lake is surrounded with thick lustrous green garden and the river side are embellished with various stones.
Interesting facts about Vastrapur Lake
- Vastrapur Lake is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Ahmedabad.
- Vastrapur Lake also acts as the cultural hub of the city.
- This place is also ideal for children as a children's park.
- Here many cultural events are organized on the lustrous green grass ground along the river bank.
How to reach Vastrapur Lake
By Rail:- The distance between Ahmedabad Railway Station and Vastrapur Lake is 9 km. From here you can take rickshaw.
By Bus:- Nearest Bus Stand to Vastrapur Lake is Nehru Park which is 4 minutes walk away from here you will get bus easily.
By Road:- You can also take auto to reach the lake which you will easily get from here.
Nearby famous places
- Vastrapur Adventure Park 4 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- Ahmedabad One Mall 5 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- Funky Monkeys Play Center Ahmedabad 5 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- The Thai Spa (Alpha One Mall) 8 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- Ahmedabad Haat 10 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- ISKCON Temple 1.7 km from Vastrapur Lake
- Himalaya mall 17 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- Amdavad ni Gufa 24 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- Prakrutik Spa 25 minutes from Vastrapur Lake
- Vikram A Sarabhai Community Science Centre 24 minutes from Vastrapur Lake