|Vasanth Nagar, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Entrance Fee is for Indians Rs.225 and for Foreign Rs.450. You can visit this place from 10 AM to 5.30 PM
|Palace & Landmarks, Monument
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
|Dr. BR. Ambedkar Station (Vidhana Soudha) Metro Station (2 KM)
About Bangalore Palace
Bangalore Palace is a royal palace, which was constructed by King Chamaraja Wadiyar in the year 1878 and is open to the public today. The palace has mainly wooden interiors and is surrounded by gardens. Apart from being a major tourist destination, the palace hosts various cultural events, rock shows and weddings. A visit to the palace gives you a chance to witness the grand and grand splendor of one of the most powerful dynasties of South India.
Architecture of Bangalore Palace
The palace is exceptionally spacious and is spread over 45,000 square feet. The fusion of Tudor and Scottish Gothic architecture produced the grand palace we see today. The palace wooden structure as well as the beautiful carvings inside and outside display the royal culture in different ways.
Interesting facts about Bangalore Palace
- The facade of the building boasts of many different shapes and projections.
- The area on which the palace now stands originally belonged to the Reverend J. Garrett, a school principal in the cantonment town.
- The vine-covered walls make the castle look like it was lifted from the English countryside.
- The construction of the palace is mainly made of wood. But different parts of the palace are made of granite and marble sheets. The Palace Square has granite benches decorated with fluorescent blue tiles.
- The palace has large lush green courtyards and gardens. The courtyards are used for concerts, cultural events and exhibitions.
How to reach Bangalore Palace
By Road:- Bangalore Palace is in the Vasanthanagar area of the city and the main roads around the grounds are Palace Cross Road, Bellary Road and Senkey Road. One can easily reach the palace by auto-rickshaws and private cabs.
By Air:- The nearest airport to Bangalore is Bangalore International Airport which is at a distance of about 30 kms. From here one can easily book a cab to reach the palace.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to the palace is Bangalore City Railway Station. It is just 4 kilometers away and with regular traffic the journey will take around 20 minutes.
Nearby famous places
- Shrungagiri Sri Shanmukha Temple 17 minutes away
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishat 1.6 km away
- St. Mary's Basilica 1.7 km away
- ISKCON Temple Bangalore 2.1 km away
- Sankey Tank 31 minutes away
- Fun World & Water World 19 minutes away
- Jawahar Lal Nehru Planetarium 32 minutes away
- Ragigudda Sri Prasanna Anjaneyaswamy Temple 2.7 km away
- The Palms Spa 18 minutes away