|Sri T. Sankey Rd, High Grounds, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|The entry fee is INR 35 for adults. Visiting Hours are 10 AM to 5.30 PM. and Closed on Monday, the second Tuesday and all public holidays.
|Govt. Museum & Memorials, Museum and Gallery
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Parants
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
|MG Road Metro Station (2 KM) Cubbon Park Metro Station (2 KM) Dr. BR. Ambedkar Station (Vidhana Soudha) Metro Station (1 KM) Sir M. Visveshwaraya Station (Central College) Metro Station (1 KM) Nadaprabhu Kempegowda station (Majestic) Metro Station (2 KM)
About Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is a popular attraction of Bangalore city which was established in 1989 by Bangalore City Corporation. The planetarium is administered by the Bangalore Association for Science Education (BASE). This place is meant for science enthusiasts, aiming to impart knowledge of the aspects of Earth and space in a fun and exciting way. JNP organizes a number of popular and informal science education activities throughout the year, making it one of the top attractions in the Garden City.
Interesting facts about Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
- Sky Theater is its main attraction, but there are other exciting setups as well which are fun to experience as well as gives an overall idea of many scientific phenomena.
- The planetarium has a science park where children can enjoy the physics experiments taught in their classroom such as resonance in an open space.
- JNP organizes several programs like "Know Your Stars" and "Monthly Movies".
- JNP organizes many popular and non-formal science education activities throughout the year which has made it one of the major planets at the national level.
- JNP is funded by various individuals and institutions, most notably the Infos YS Foundation.
- The planetarium has a dome of 15 meters in diameter, and the auditorium can accommodate 210 people at a time.
How to reach Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
By Bus:- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is just 350 meters from the bus stop, and you can easily walk or take an auto.
By Rail:- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium Cantonment is about 1.5 km away from the railway station, from here one can take a rickshaw to the planetarium comfortably.
By Air:- Planetarium is 34.1 km away from Bangalore International Airport and it will be very easy to reach Planetarium by booking a cab from here.
Nearby famous places
- Basavanna Statue 4 minutes away
- Vidhana Soudha and Attara Kacheri 12 minutes away
- ISKCON Temple Bangalore 23 minutes away
- Cubbon Park 21 minutes away
- Banashankari Temple 15 minutes away
- St. Mary's Basilica 1.7 km away
- M N Krishna Rao Park 15 minutes away
- Crimson Art Gallery 13 minutes away
- Saptamatha Temple 14 minutes away
- Shrungagiri Sri Shanmukha Temple 19 minutes away