|Bannerghatta Road, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|The entry fee for adults is INR 80 and for children INR 40 and it is open from 9.30 AM to 5.00 PM.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
About Bannerghatta National Park
Bannerghatta National Park is known as the most famous and prominent among all the national parks in India. Spread over a vast area of about 104.27 sq km, this national park was established in 1971. The park is famous for housing a variety of birds and animals and is especially known for its tiger and lion safaris. The park attracts children and adults alike through its diverse wildlife.
Architecture of Bannerghatta National Park
Bannerghatta National Park is a 65,127.5 acre park located in the hills of Bangalore's Anekal range.
Interesting facts about Bannerghatta National Park
- The park authorities have divided the park into separate sections for vegetarian and non-vegetarian.
- The park is full of flora that attracts more than 20 different species of butterflies.
- Children can collect information and improve their biological knowledge by visiting the museum located inside the park with many exhibitions.
- Trekking enthusiasts can cross the Udgebande, Hajjamana Kallu and Mirza Hills and visit the small temples situated in these hills.
- The park has ancient temples for worship and is a destination for trekking and hiking.
- The spacious campus provides many learning and recreational facilities to the visitors apart from playing their part in caring for the environment.
How to reach Bannerghatta National Park
By Bus:- The nearest bus stand to the park is Hakki Pikki Colony Cross Bus Stand which is 2.4 km away.
By Air:- The distance from Bannerghatta National Park to Kempegowda International Airport is 79.6 kms. From here one can easily reach the park by booking a cab.
Nearby famous places
- Vega City Mall 15 minutes away
- Indian Music Experience Museum 2.1 km away
- St. Mark's Cathedral 1.8 km away
- Bengaluru 5.2 kms on foot
- SPA.ce Spa 8.2 km away
- Care Spa 2.2 km away
- Gopalan Innovation Mall 23 mins away
- Infant Jesus Shrine 6.2 km away
- Sri Surya Narayana Swamy Temple 7.9 km away
- Yogatree 26 mins away
- Dodda Ganpati Temple 5.9 km away
- Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple 6.8 km away