|Bheemeshwari, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|No timings and no entry fee.
|Entertainment Centers, Fun and Activity
|Place visit with
|Friends, Siblings, Youngsters
|Krishnarajapura (K.R.Pura) Metro Station (2 KM) Benniganahalli Metro Station (1 KM) Baiyappanahalli Metro Station (1 KM) Swami Vivekananda Road Metro Station (2 KM)
Bhimeshwari is a great tourist destination as the Kaveri River here is a natural habitat for Mahseer, one of the finest game fish in the world. Tourists usually stop by for good fish. It is located in Mandya district, about 100 km from Bangalore. The area is home to more than 200 species of birds and many wild animals like jackals, spotted deer, elephants and leopards.
There are many cottages and resorts in this area for comfortable night stay amidst waterfalls and hilly terrain. One enjoys exciting activities like water rafting, trekking, kayaking, ziplining, mountain biking, boat ride at the camp.
Interesting facts about Bheemashwari
- Many fauna like elephant, wild boar, monkey, jackal, crocodile, otter and leopard are found in the surrounding lush forest; As well as a variety of water birds such as herons, ibis, cormorants and kingfishers.
- Bhimeshwari is nestled in the middle of the Kaveri Wildlife Sanctuary, it is also called the 'angler's paradise', because of the Mahseer fishes found here.
- These treks cover small rural settlements in the neighboring hills, where you can watch tribal life and learn about wildlife and herbal plants used in Ayurvedic products.
- Boat rides in korakal (circular boats) and barbeque provide an added thrill when the sun sets along the river.
- Situated on the banks of river Kaveri, this resort offers spectacular views which can be a very pleasant stay.
How to reach Bheemashwari
By Rail:- Nearest junction to Bhimeshwari is Mandya Junction which is 58 km away from here one can easily reach by booking taxi or cab.
By Bus:- Nearest Bus Stop to Bheemeshwari is Suddaguntepalya Bus Stop which is 4.3 KM away from here one can easily reach Bhimeshwari by taking rickshaw.
By Air:- HAL airport is 9.3 km away from Bhimeshwari, from here taxis can be booked to reach their destination.
Nearby famous places
- MM Hills 142 km away
- BR Hills 121 km away
- Doddamkali 39.9 km away
- Ramnagar 56 km away
- Hassan 189 km away
- Bangalore 100 km away
- Nagarhole 172 km away