|Kasturba Road, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|The entry in Cubbon Park is free and the timings are 6 am to 7 pm.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Solo, Parants
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
|MG Road Metro Station (1 KM) Cubbon Park Metro Station (1 KM) Dr. BR. Ambedkar Station (Vidhana Soudha) Metro Station (0 KM) Sir M. Visveshwaraya Station (Central College) Metro Station (1 KM) Nadaprabhu Kempegowda station (Majestic) Metro Station (2 KM) Chikkapette Metro Station (2 KM)
About Cubbon Park
Cubbon Park was established in 1870 by the then Acting Commissioner of Mysore, Mr. John Meade. Spread over an area of about 250 acres, this park has many historical monuments, stately buildings, museums, and statues of famous personalities. The Vijayranga Theater Complex located here showcases children's films and stage plays. There is also a toy train in Cubbon Park, which is quite popular among children.
Cubbon Park has a wide array of vegetation and flowers, including lush lawns, colorful flower beds, large bamboos, walking paths and tree-lined paths.
Architecture of Cubbon Park
Cubbon Park is spread over an area of about 250 acres and is frequented by walkers and joggers. The park has been creatively designed with a natural rock outcrop. Cubbon Park has a wide array of vegetation and flowers, including lush lawns, colorful flower beds, large bamboos, walking paths and tree-lined paths.
Interesting facts about Cubbon Park
- The park and its premises also have some heritage buildings from the 19th century and sculptures of famous historical figures.
- Apart from various attractions for children and adults, the park is well equipped with facilities like restrooms, food stalls and parking areas.
- It is a favorite spot for local groups to organize fitness programs, cultural events, yoga sessions, guided nature walks, and the like.
- The area around the park is dotted with several tourist attractions as well as shopping streets in Bangalore such as MG Road, Brigade Road and Commercial Street.
- Outside the park there are many vendors selling you ice cream and street food.
- The park has a pari fountain and an August bandstand which were added later.
How to reach Cubbon Park
By Bus:- The park is 3.0 km away from Kempegowda Bus Station. You can reach the park by bus or auto.
By Air:- The distance between Cubbon Park and Kempegowda International Airport is 33.8 kms, from here you will easily get a cab which you can book and go to the park easily.
By Train:- The nearest railway station to the park is the Bangalore city railway station which is only 2.5 km away. From here you will get many rickshaws from which you can go.
Nearby famous places
- Vidhana Soudha 290 meters walking distance
- St. Mark's Cathedral 400 meters walk
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium 2 km away
- Bangalore Turf Club 2 kms away
- Garuda Mall 2 km away
- National Gallery of Modern Art 2 km away
- Commercial road 2 km away
- Sri Someshwara Swamy Temple 3 km away
- Marie Basilica 3 km away
- Snow City 4 kms away
- Bangalore Palace 4 km away