|Majestic, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This council opens from 10 am to 6 pm.
|Art Galleries & Museum, Museums
|Place visit with
|Friends, Solo, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
|Dr. BR. Ambedkar Station (Vidhana Soudha) Metro Station (2 KM) Sir M. Visveshwaraya Station (Central College) Metro Station (2 KM) Nadaprabhu Kempegowda station (Majestic) Metro Station (2 KM) City Railway station Metro Station (2 KM) Srirampura Metro Station (2 KM) Sampige Road Metro Station (2 KM) Chikkapette Metro Station (2 KM)
About Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad was established in 1960 by artists and visionaries with the aim of establishing a vibrant platform for visual arts and culture. Over the years, it has become an important institution that promotes creativity and artistic expression. It provides a platform for emerging and established artists to showcase their work, conduct arts education programs and contribute to the cultural promotion of Bangalore and Karnataka. Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad is open all year round, and the best time to visit depends on your specific interests. However, it is a good idea to check their events calendar to see if any special exhibitions or cultural events suit your visit.
Architecture of Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
The architecture of Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad is functional and designed to provide gallery space and facilities for art related activities. The focus here is on creating an environment that allows art to take center stage, making it an ideal space for exhibitions and artistic expression.
Interesting facts about Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad hosts a wide range of exhibitions including contemporary and traditional art, sculpture and crafts, making it a diverse and dynamic cultural venue.
- The institution offers courses and workshops in various art forms, providing a platform for artistic education and skill development.
- It is home to the College of Fine Arts, which offers degree and diploma programs in various art disciplines.
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad frequently organizes cultural events including music performances, dance recitals and art festivals, which enrich the cultural landscape of the city.
- The institution is committed to the preservation of traditional Indian art forms and their blending with contemporary expressions.
How to reach Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
By Road: Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad is located in the center of Bengaluru and is easily accessible by road. It is well connected to different parts of the city, and you can reach here by private vehicle, taxi or public transport.
By Train: The nearest railway station to the council is Bangalore City Railway Station, and you can reach the Art Institute by taxi or local transport from there.
By Metro: Cubbon Park Metro Station and Vidhana Soudha Metro Station are close to Karnataka Chitrakala Parishad, providing a convenient and eco-friendly way to reach the destination.
Nearby famous places
- Cubbon Park 2 km away
- Bangalore Palace 3 km away
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden 3 km away
- Vidhana Soudha 1.5 km away
- ISKCON temple 6 km away
- Sankey Tank 4 km away
- Mantri Square Mall 5 km away