|Approx. 130 KM from Bangalore, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|There are no charges to visit this place and it is open 24 hours.
|Caves, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Friends, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
About Kunti Betta
Kunti Betta is one of the most picturesque hills between two hills in the city of Pandavapura. Situated at an altitude of 2882 feet, this place is surrounded by sugarcane fields, paddy fields and coconut trees which makes this place beautiful and mesmerizing. According to mythology, Pandavas stayed here with their mother Kunti during their exile. Thonnur Lake located near Kunti Betta offers scope to enjoy various water-based adventure activities.
There is a temple at the foothills which makes it a popular pilgrimage site. There is also a 25 feet deep pond within the premises of the temples. This place is considered very good to visit with your family and friends.
Interesting facts about Kunti Betta
- Kunti Betta consists of two rocky hills surrounded by coconut groves, sugarcane and paddy fields.
- Trekkers going to Kunti Barta are advised to carry their own drinking water and food.
- Kunti Betta is a unique place that offers a lot of excitement to the thrill seekers.
- Some of the rocks are in the shape of pots and it is believed that they were used by the Pandavas for cooking food.
- Here one can also find giant footprint like structures called Bhimana pada.
How to reach Kunti Betta
By Road:- You can hire a car or take your own car to reach Kunti Betta.
By Air:- Nearest airport to reach Kunti Betta is Mysore Airport which is situated at a distance of 33 km. Taxis are easily available for hire from the airport that will take you to Kunti Betta.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to reach Kunti Betta is Mysore Junction railway station which is located at a distance of about 30 km. Rickshaws are easily available from the railway station which will drop you at your desired destinations.
Nearby famous places
- Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary
- Balmuri Waterfalls
- Edmuri Falls
- Krishnarajasagar Dam
- Brindavan Gardens
- Melukote Temples
- GRS Fantasy Park
- Ashtanga Yoga Institute