|Devi Ahillyabai Holkar Airport Area, Indore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- Bijasen Mata Temple opening timings are from 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
About Bijasen Tekri
Bijasen Tekri Temple is located on top of a hill in the city of Indore in the state of Madhya Pradesh, India. This temple is situated on Bijasen Tekri, which is a hill or Tekri in the local language. The history of the temple is linked to the rich cultural heritage of Indore. The temple is dedicated to Goddess Bijasen, who is a form of the Hindu goddess Durga. This temple was built by Shivaji Rao Holkar in the year 1760. The temple is a religious and pilgrimage site that attracts devotees and tourists alike due to its spiritual significance and panoramic views of the city. Bijasen Tekri Temple offers a unique blend of spirituality and natural beauty, making it a favorite destination for both devotees and nature lovers.
Architecture of Bijasen Tekri
The architectural design of the Bijasen Tekari temple is relatively simple. It has a white structure with a spire at the top. The interior of the temple is ornate, with ceilings and murals depicting scenes from Hindu mythology. Visitors have to climb 100 steps to reach the main sanctum of the temple.
Interesting facts about Bijasen Tekri
- One of the main attractions of Bijasen Tekri Temple is its panoramic view. Tourists can enjoy the stunning views of Indore city and landscape from the hill top.
- The temple has great religious importance, especially during the Navratri festival when devotees come to seek blessings from Goddess Bijasen.
- Tourists often enjoy the leisurely walk or hike to reach the temple, making it a popular destination for those who appreciate nature and outdoor activities.
- The temple hosts various festivals throughout the year, adding to its cultural and religious importance in the area.
- The hill and the temple complex provide a serene and tranquil environment, making it an ideal place for meditation and introspection.
How to reach Bijasen Tekri
By Train:- Bijasan Mata Temple is located about 9 km from Indore Junction Railway Station, and you can easily hire a taxi or take a bus to reach the temple.
By Air:- Indore Airport is the nearest airport to Bijasan Mata Temple, and is located only 3 km away. You can take a taxi or auto-rickshaw from the airport to the temple.
By Road:- Indore is well connected by all roads. To go to the temple, you can take an auto or taxi which will easily reach the temple.
Nearby famous places
- Rajwada Palace 7 Kms away
- Lal Bagh Palace 9 Kms away
- Krishnapura Chhatri 6 km away
- Kanchan Bagh 7 km away
- Central Museum (Indore Museum) 8 km away
- Gomatgiri 16 km away
- Patalpani Falls 36 Kms away