|Location||Major district Road, Indore, Indore (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||Gomatgiri timings 06:00 am to 12:00 pm, 02:00 pm to 07:00 pm every day, No entry fee.|
|Place Type||Jain Temple, Religious Place|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends|
Gomatgiri is situated amidst the natural environment of a hill in Indore. Gomatgiri is an important holy place for the Digambara sect of Jainism. The temple has a 21 feet statue of Gomateshwara which is a replica of the Bahubali statue of Shravanabegola. Another attractive feature of Gomatgiri is that it has 24 marble temples, each dedicated to 24 Tirthankaras of Jainism. The serene surroundings can act as a perfect place to sit and enjoy with a unique blend of peace and natural beauty.
Interesting facts about Gomatgiri
- Here are the footprints of almost all ancient and present Acharyas from Gautam Gandhara Swami.
- In this temple there is an altar of Trikal Chaubisi i.e. Tirthankara of all three periods.
- There is a Saraswati complex in this complex, which has a collection of rare texts, which are studied by the Shravak Gana and Muniraj etc.
- It also has a guest house and a restaurant.
- The architecture and panoramas of the city are especially beautiful at sunrise and sunset.
- Annual fair is organized here on the second Sunday of March.
How to reach Gomatgiri
By Rail:- Gomatgiri to Indore Junction is at a distance of 2.6 km, from here you can book a rickshaw and go comfortably.
By Metro:- Gandhi Nagar Metro Station is 3.7 km away from Gomatgiri, you can take a taxi from here to the temple.
By Air:- From Indore airport you can reach Gomatgiri in just 10 minutes.
Nearby famous places
- Shree Bijasan Mata Mandir 0.6 km away
- Sarafa Bazaar 3 km away
- Bada Ganpati 1.8 km away
- Kanch Mandir 2.6 km away
- Khajrana Ganesh Mandir 8.2 km away
- Hrimkargiri Jain Shwetambar Tirth 1.3 km away
- Shree Mahakaleshwar Temple 10 km away
- Rajwada Indore 3 km away
- Annapurna Temple 4.1 km away
- Funplex Game Zone 1.9 km away
- Treasure Island Mall 5.6 km away