|Mahatma Gandhi Marg, Daliganj, Lucknow, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This park opens from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm on all days of the week.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Parants
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September, October, November, December
|KD Singh Babu Stadium Metro Station (2 KM) Lucknow University Metro Station (2 KM) IT College Metro Station (2 KM) City Railway Station Metro Station (1 KM)
About Hathi Park
Hathi Park, although not associated with any deep historical heritage, is an important urban green space in Lucknow. Its establishment is based on the city's urban planning and the need for recreational areas for its residents. The park is a testament to Lucknow's commitment to providing green spaces for its citizens to relax and connect with nature. The park takes its name Hathi Park from the elephant statues that welcome visitors at its entrance. These elephants add an artistic and royal touch to the ambiance of the park, symbolizing the cultural richness of the city. The best time to visit the elephant park is during the winter months from October to March. The weather is pleasant during this period, making it ideal for outdoor activities and enjoying the natural beauty of the park. It is also a favorite time for picnics and family outings.
Architecture of Hathi Park
The Elephant Park is not defined by grand architectural features but is characterized by its lush greenery, well-maintained lawns and serene pathways. However, the centerpiece is the beautiful elephant statues at the entrance of the park. These life-size statues depict the great elephant, an animal that holds cultural significance in India. The landscape design and layout of the park provides visitors with a sense of tranquility and a peaceful escape from the urban environment.
Interesting facts about Hathi Park
- Hathi Park is a popular public park in Lucknow, which provides a tranquil place for relaxation and outdoor activities.
- The name of the park is inspired by the attractive elephant sculptures at its entrance, which add a touch of grandeur to the surroundings.
- It is a favorite destination for families, couples and nature lovers looking for a serene and lush green environment within the city.
- Hathi Park offers a breath of fresh air and escape from the urban hustle and bustle, making it an ideal place for picnics and relaxing walks.
- The park is usually open to the public throughout the day and visitors are not charged entry fees.
How to reach Hathi Park
By Road: The elephant park is easily accessible by road, tourists can use local transport, taxis or private vehicles to reach the park.
By Train: The nearest railway station to the park is Lucknow Junction located at a distance of 5 km. From there, you can hire a taxi or use local transport to reach the elephant park.
By Air: Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport is near the park. You can hire a taxi or use a shuttle service to reach the park.
Nearby famous places
- Ambedkar Memorial Park 16 km away
- Bada Imambara 4 Kms away
- Chhota Imambara 7 Km away
- Rumi Darwaza 5 Kms away
- Lucknow Zoo 3 Kms away
- Hazratganj market 4 km away
- Residency 6 Kms away