|Lodhi Road, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings :- India Habitat Center opens from 10 AM to 8 PM (Daily). Entry Fee : No Entry Fee
|Govt. Museum & Memorials, Museums
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
|Khan Market Metro Station (1 KM) JLN Stadium Metro Station (1 KM)
About India Habitat Centre
The India Habitat Center is a multi-purpose complex that aims to promote cultural, artistic and intellectual interaction. The India Habitat Center is known for hosting a variety of cultural and educational events. These events include art exhibitions, theater performances, literary festivals, music festivals, book launches, panel discussions and more. The center often collaborates with various organizations and institutions to organize these events. Timings of programs and facilities at the India Habitat Center may vary. For information on specific events, timings and any entry requirements it is recommended to visit their official website or contact them directly.
Architecture of India Habitat Centre
The architecture of India Habitat Center follows a modern and contemporary design approach. This includes clean lines, geometric shapes, and a minimalist aesthetic. The buildings within the India Habitat Center complex often use exposed brick façades, giving the architecture a warm and earthy feel. The use of brick also creates a visual contrast with the surrounding glass and steel structures. The terracotta jali (lattice screen) is a prominent architectural element of the India Habitat Centre. These intricate screens are often used as decorative features on the façade, providing shade, privacy and a touch of traditional craftsmanship. The design of India Habitat Center reflects the fusion of modern architectural concepts with traditional Indian elements. This mix of styles creates a unique and cohesive visual identity.
Interesting facts about India Habitat Centre
- The IHC has several auditoriums and theaters that host a wide range of cultural events, performances, plays, concerts, lectures and film screenings.
- There are galleries within the center that display visual arts, photography, and other exhibitions.
- IHC is home to libraries and resource centers that provide an abundance of information on a variety of subjects, including books, journals, and multimedia resources.
- The complex has restaurants and cafes where visitors can enjoy a variety of cuisines in a pleasant ambiance.
- If you are interested in art, culture and engaging discussions, then visiting the India Habitat Center can be a rewarding experience.
How to reach India Habitat Centre
By Metro:- Taking the Delhi Metro is a convenient and popular way to reach India Habitat Centre. The nearest metro stations to IHC are Jor Bagh Metro Station and Khan Market Metro Station.
By Auto:- Auto-rickshaws are a common mode of transport in Delhi and can take you directly to the India Habitat Centre.
By Bus:- The nearest bus stop to India Habitat Center in Delhi is Lodhi Garden/Mausam Bhawan. It is a 3 minute walk.
Nearby famous places
- Lodhi Garden 1.5 kms away
- Humayun's Tomb 2.5 kms away
- India Gate 3.5 kms away
- Connaught Place 4 kms away
- Qutub Minar 10 kms away
- Lotus Temple 12 kms away
- Akshardham Temple 13.5 kms away
- Rashtrapati Bhavan 6.5 kms away