|Gomti Nagar, Lucknow, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Janeshwar Mishra Park open from 5:00 am to 1:00 pm, 2:00 pm to 11:00 pm all days in week, No entry fee.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September, October, November, December
About Janeshwar Mishra Park
Janeshwar Mishra Park is an urban park located in Gomti Nagar, Lucknow. It was built in the memory of late Samajwadi Party leader Janeshwar Mishra. The park was inaugurated on 5 August 2014 and opened to the public.
It has been conceptualized and designed as a multifunctional environmental and recreational green which will not only provide permanent habitat for various species of birds but will also provide a major entertainment and recreation center for all sections of the society.
Architecture of Janeshwar Mishra Park
Janeshwar Mishra Park is spread over an area of about 376 acres. The architecture and development blueprint of the park has been prepared by the New Delhi-based School of Planning and Architecture.
The park has a long meandering path. There is a special running cycle track with cycle parking facility Apart from this, there are also jogging tracks which can be used by professional athletes.
Interesting facts about Janeshwar Mishra Park
- The park has been developed on the lines of Hyde Park in London. The park has plants, jogging treks, golf courses, an open gym as well as a great swing for children.
- Apart from exercise, the park also houses some souvenir stores and eateries.
- The design direction for the park is focused on a strategy of sustainable development that aims to promote harmony between humans and between humanity and nature.
- Dense greenery and beautiful natural surroundings provide relief to frayed nerves and relax the mind.
How to reach Janeshwar Mishra Park
By Metro:- The nearest metro station to Janeshwar Mishra Park is Indira Nagar Metro Station which is located at a distance of 3 Km. From here you can go comfortably.
By Bus:- The distance from Janeshwar Mishra Park to Lekhraj Bus Stop is 5 km from here you can take a bus.
By Train:- The nearest railway station to Janeshwar Mishra Park is Gomti Nagar Railway Station, which is at a distance of 2 km, from here you can take an auto or a cab.
Nearby famous places
- Hazratganj 5.6 km away
- British Residency 7.3 km away
- Nawab Wajid Ali Shah Zoological Garden 5.9 km away
- Bara Imambara 8.9 km away
- Rumi Darwaza 9 km away
- Chhota Imambara 9.8 km away
- Aminabad 7.2 km away
- Chandrashekhar Azad Park 2 km away