|Mavalli, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|The entry fee for this garden is Rs 20 per person and the timings are 6 AM to 7 PM.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
|Chikkapette Metro Station (2 KM) Krishna Rajendra Market Metro Station (2 KM) National College Metro Station (1 KM) Lalbagh Botanical Garden Metro Station (1 KM) South End Circle Metro Station (1 KM) Jayanagara Metro Station (2 KM)
About Lal Bagh Botanical Garden
Lal Bagh Botanical Garden is located in South Bangalore. Spread over 240 acres, the garden is home to a wide variety of flora and fauna. The development of Lalbagh Garden was started by Hyder Ali, the ruler of Mysore in 1760 and completed by his son Tipu Sultan. The park has some rare species of plants brought from Persia, Afghanistan and France. The garden also has a lake adjacent to a large rock.
Many different types of bird species are found here like myna, common egret, parakeets and pond heron etc. It is one of the major tourist attractions of Bangalore which people love to visit.
Architecture of Lal Bagh Botanical Garden
The garden, spread in an area of 240 acres, is under the aegis of the state's Department of Horticulture and is maintained by Public Works Department (PWD).
Interesting facts about Lal Bagh Botanical Garden
- The garden is designed similar to the one used in Mughal gardens.
- Inside the garden there is a flower clock which works on an electronic quartz system.
- The garden hosts two annual flower shows every 26 January and 15 August.
- Lalbagh Rock, one of the oldest rock formations on earth, which is 3,000 million years old, is another attraction that attracts the crowd.
- The garden is aesthetically designed with lawn, flower beds, lotus pool and fountain.
- It is internationally recognized for the scientific study of plants and botanical artwork and for the conservation of plants.
- The Garden Complex has various courses on Horticulture, Post-harvest Technology and Mushroom Cultivation.
How to reach Lal Bagh Botanical Garden
By Road:- Kempegowda Bus Station is the nearest bus stop from Majestic Lalbagh and it is about 7 km away. The bus will easily drop you to the park.
By Air:- Nearest airport from Lalbagh is Bengaluru International Airport and it is 35 km away from here you will easily get taxi from which you can reach the park comfortably.
By Rail:- Majestic Railway Station is the nearest station to Lalbagh which is about 5.9 km away. One can easily take a taxi or KSRTC bus to reach the Botanical Garden.
Nearby famous places
- Bull Temple 2.1 km away
- Infant Jesus Shrine 3.2 km away
- Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple 3 km away
- Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum 3.1 km away
- UB City 2.8 km away
- Body Craft 14 minutes away
- ISKCON Temple Bangalore 4 km away