|Maharaja Mahmudabad, Qaisar Bagh, Lucknow, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This palace opens from 10 am to 5 pm.
|Palace & Landmarks, Monuments
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
|Sachivalaya Metro Station (1 KM) Hazratganj Metro Station (1 KM) KD Singh Babu Stadium Metro Station (1 KM) Lucknow University Metro Station (2 KM) IT College Metro Station (2 KM) Aminabad Metro Station (1 KM) Pandeyganj Metro Station (1 KM) City Railway Station Metro Station (2 KM)
About Safed Baradari
Safed Baradari is a white colored palace located in Kaiserbagh locality in Lucknow. Safed Baradari has a rich history reminiscent of the era of Nawabs and Mughal architecture. It was constructed in the 18th century during the reign of Nawab Saadat Ali Khan. It was built by Nawab Wajid Ali Shah as the 'Palace of Mourning' and was named Qasr-ul-Aza. The initial purpose of this building was to be used as an Imambara to observe 'Azadari' (mourning) for the martyrdom of Imam Hussain and his followers in Karbala. Today, this 'Shok Mahal' is used as a conference center for weddings and other occasions.
Architecture of Safed Baradari
The white baradari made of marble exudes complete royalty. It displays elaborate corridors, halls and well-designed architectural intricacies. This marble palace also has two marble statues of Maharajas in the main hall of Baradar. The Baradari is a magnificent example of Mughal architecture, with twelve evenly spaced arched doors that allow cross-ventilation and beautiful views of the surrounding area.
Interesting facts about Safed Baradari
- Safed Baradari is celebrated for its architectural grandeur, which reflects the finesse and craftsmanship of the Mughal period.
- The unique feature of the pavilion is the twelve doors that ensure constant flow of air, making it a cool and comfortable place even in hot weather.
- It has been the backdrop for various cultural events including classical music and dance performances.
- The serene atmosphere of the pavilion provides a serene escape from the hustle and bustle of the city.
- The location of Safed Baradari makes it an excellent place for photography and capturing the beauty of Mughal architecture.
How to reach Safed Baradari
By Road: Safed Baradari is easily accessible by road. Buses and rickshaws available in the city.
By Train: The distance from Lucknow Railway Station to Safed Baradari is 7 kilometers. From here you can easily reach Baradari by taking a rickshaw.
By Air: Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport in Lucknow is the nearest airport, located 12 kilometers from Safed Baradari. It is easy to book a cab from here to reach Baradari.
Nearby famous places
- Bara Imambara 7 Km away
- Chhota Imambara 5 Km away
- Begum Hazrat Mahal Park 10 Kms away
- Rumi Darwaza 8 Kms away
- Ambedkar Memorial Park 14 km away
- Jama Masjid 7 Km away
- Lucknow Zoo 9 Kms away