|Husainabad, Lucknow, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Satkhanda open 24 hours all days in week, No entry fee.
|Palace & Landmarks, Monument
|Place visit with
|Friends, Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
|City Railway Station Metro Station (2 KM) Thakurganj Metro Station (1 KM)
The Satkhand, located in Lucknow, is an unfinished, four-storey structure whose construction was started by Raja Mohammad Ali Shah during his reign in 1837â€“1842, but the construction was interrupted upon his death. Ali Shah wanted to make it similar to the Qutub Minar in Delhi and the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Italy.
The design of this red brick tower reflects the influence of the Leaning Tower of Pisa, making it one of the interesting monuments to see in Lucknow.
Architecture of Satkhanda
The tower is constructed in a blend of Greek and Islamic architecture. Its outline and pediment reflect Greek structural design while the arches of the gates and windows show the influence of Islamic structural design. The octagonal ground floor of this structure has a height of about 10 feet, which makes it the tallest storey of this tower.
Interesting facts about Satkhanda
- The tower has several triple-arched huge windows and compartments.
- A distinctive feature of this structure is that each of its floors is constructed in descending order of the height and width of its base plane.
- The total height of Satkhand is about 35 feet which looks very divine.
- Its beauty is that the angles have changed on each of its floors and the structure of the arches has also changed.
- There is another reason behind making it, it is said that it was also built to pay tribute to the then Governor of Uttar Pradesh.
How to reach Satkhanda
By Bus:- The nearest bus service to this place is Jaiswal Bus Service, from here you can easily take a bus.
By Metro:- The nearest metro station to Satkhanda is Pandeyganj metro station which is at a distance of 2 km, you can take auto or rickshaw from here.
By Road:- There are many public means to go near Satkhanda, you can choose anyone according to your convenience.
Nearby famous places
- Taluqdar Hall 0 m away
- Bara Imambara 0.2 km away
- Rumi Darwaza 0.4 km away
- Aurangzeb's Mosque 0.4 km away
- Chowk 0.9 km away
- Chhota Imambara 1 km away
- British Residency 1.7 km away
- Hussainabad Picture Gallery 0.9 km away
- Husainabad Clock Tower 1.5 km away
- Hazratganj 3.8 km away