|Location||Male Mahadeshwara Betta, Bandipur, Bangalore (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||It open from 6.00AM-8.00AM, 10.30AM-12.00PM, and 6.45PM-8.30PM on regular days. Timings may change on special days or festivals. No entry fees.|
|Place Type||Hill, Nature Sites and Parks|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends|
|Nearest Metro||Banashankari Metro Station (98 KM) Jaya Prakash Nagara Metro Station (98 KM)|
About Male Mahadeshwara Hills
The Male Mahadeshwara Hills are located in Chamarajanagar, these hills are collectively famous as the main pilgrimage centers of Lord Shiva. MM Hills Seven hills constitute the 'Elu Male', a beautiful Mahadeshwar temple dedicated to Lord Shiva situated amidst lush green forests and attracts hordes of devotees. This beautiful hill town is known to nature lovers, devotees and adventure enthusiasts. There is a shelter here for tourists who can come here with their family and friends and worship in the temple which will be great.
Architecture of Male Mahadeshwara Hills
The height of the hill is about 3000 feet above sea level. The area of the present temple surroundings is 155.57 acres. Amidst the dense forest, this temple attracts not only pilgrims but also nature lovers.
Interesting facts about Male Mahadeshwara Hills
- Shri Male Mahadeshwar is a very popular Shaivite pilgrim temple and one of the most powerful Shiva temple.
- The temple is situated in the good valley and is surrounded by green hills.
- Special celebrations are organized during every Hindu festival especially on the festival of Shivratri.
- Here Lord Shiva is in the form "Swayambhu" which means Himself manifested.
- According to inscriptions, a Veerashaiva saint, Mahadeshwar, who lived during the 14th-15th century, settled on the top of this hill and attained samadhi (salvation).
- The reserve forest area is rich in fauna and birds with lots of wildlife including elephant, sloth bear, sambar, bison, leopard and tiger.
- The quaint hill offers a thrilling trekking experience due to the presence of several trekking trails.
How to reach Male Mahadeshwara Hills
By Road:- MM Hills is about 150 km from Mysore and 210 km from Bangalore. Buses can be taken from Bangalore to MM Hills as well as from Mysore. KSRTC buses ply from both Bangalore and Mysore to MM Hills.
By Rail:- Mysore Railway Station is the nearest station to MM Hills which is 130 km away from MM Hills. Tourists can hire taxis or buses from the station to reach MM Hills.
By Air:- Bangalore airport is the nearest airport to MM Hills which is about 173 km away. From Bangalore, one can avail taxis or buses to MM Hills.