|70 km from Bangalore, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|The entry for this place is 450/- per person and the place is open from 6:00 am - 8:00 pm
|Caves, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Friends, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
|Kengeri Metro Station (2 KM)
Skandagiri is located at a distance of about 70 kms from Bangalore. It is also a historical site. On top of Skandagiri hill you will see the ruins of an 18th century fort, which was used by Tipu Sultan as a base to fight against the British. There is also a temple near the fort where people often come to worship. Skandagiri Hill offers some of the most amazing and thrilling trekking experiences in the region.
The spectacular view of the rising sunlight over the neighboring Nandi Hills and Mudanahalli makes for a remarkable sight. The surrounding greenery and trees give it a beautiful view.
Architecture of Skandagiri
The trek is 4 km long and it takes about 2-3 hours before you reach the hilltop situated at a height of 4430 feet above sea level.
Interesting facts about Skandagiri
- Use caution if it is drizzling or raining, as loose sand and rocks become slippery.
- Night trekking in Skandagiri is a wonderful experience and definitely take a torch with you.
- Please note that booking tickets to Skandagiri is mandatory and the rules are quite strict.
- If you have plans to trek Skandagiri, reach the top before sunrise.
- You won't find a store to buy so carry water and a light snack or energy bar.
How to reach Skandagiri
By Bus:- Nearest Bus Stand to Skandagiri is KSRTC Bus Stand which is at a distance of 5.8 Kms.
By Rail:- Makalidurg railway station is 32.8 km away from Skandagiri, from here one can easily reach by taking auto.
By Air:- Skandagiri and Kempegowda International Airport is 36.6 km away from Bangalore. Cab will be available from here so that you can go to Skandagiri.
Nearby famous places
- Bhoga Nandishwara Temple 5 km away
- Extreme Karts & Adventures 15.5 km away
- Grover Zampa Vineyards 20.2 km away
- Nandi Hills 21.8 km away
- Yoga Nandeeshwara Temple 22 km away
- Devanahalli Fort 23.3 km away
- Shri Ghati Subrahmanya Temple 24.1 km away
- Nrityagram 45 km away