|Trinity, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings : 6:00 AM – 8:00 PM; Wednesday closed
|Lakes & Waterfalls, Sightseeing
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September, October, November, December
|Indiranagara Metro Station (2 KM) Halasuru Metro Station (1 KM) Trinity Metro Station (1 KM) MG Road Metro Station (1 KM) Cubbon Park Metro Station (2 KM)
About Ulsoor Lake
Ulsoor Lake has a rich history dating back to the Chola dynasty, making it one of the oldest and most important water bodies in Bangalore. It was originally constructed for irrigation purposes and has since developed into a popular recreational destination. The lake is believed to have been formed during the Chola period in the 2nd century and later expanded during the Kempegowda reign. Today, it stands as a testament to the city's historical heritage and offers a tranquil oasis amidst the bustling metropolis.
Architecture of Ulsoor Lake
The architecture of Ulsoor Lake is characterized by its natural beauty and serene environment. The lake is surrounded by lush green trees and gardens which add to its attraction. There are walking paths and seating areas along the lakeshore, offering visitors the opportunity to enjoy the view. The lake is also home to a picturesque island that can be reached by boat, which further adds to the charm of the place.
Interesting facts about Ulsoor Lake
- Ulsoor Lake is one of the largest lakes in Bengaluru, spread over approximately 123 acres and has many small islands within it.
- Boating facilities are available in the lake, allowing tourists to enjoy a relaxing ride on its calm waters.
- The lake is home to a variety of bird species, making it a popular spot for bird watching.
- The nearby Someshwar Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva, is a historical and religious site worth visiting.
- There is a walking track around the perimeter of Ulsoor Lake, making it a favorite spot for joggers and fitness enthusiasts.
How to reach Ulsoor Lake
By Road: Ulsoor Lake is located in the center of Bengaluru and is easily accessible by road. You can reach here by private vehicle, taxi or auto-rickshaw.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Bangalore City, and from there, you can take a taxi or public transport to reach the lake.
By Metro: MG Road Metro station is the nearest metro station to Ulsoor Lake, providing easy access for metro users.
Nearby famous places
- Commercial Street 1.5 km away
- Cubbon Park 3 km away
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden 3 km away
- Bangalore Palace 3 km away
- St. Mark's Cathedral 3 km away
- Vidhana Soudha 4 km away
- 1 MG-Lido Mall 4.5 km away