Do's & Don'ts
Do's & don'ts while traveling in Metro:
- Wear a mask. Maintain Social Distancing.
- Do not sit on the prohibited seat to maintain social distancing.
- While going to board, allow passengers from train to de-board first.
- Mind the gap between platform and train while boarding or de-boarding.
- Keep before yellow line (generally have all platform) before boarding.
- Keep gap and distance from doors to allow passengers to board the train.
- Follow instructions of Station staff at the platforms, if they ask to so.
- Take care of your loose items like Saree, Dupatta, Dhoti and Bag etc. while boarding and de-boarding the train.
- Take care of your Bag/Purse/Luggage/Mobile while traveling or waiting at metro stations.
- Inform train operator in case any passenger/article stuck between train doors by pressing Passenger Emergency Alarm button/Handle.
- Take care and keep eye on the children & infants while traveling with them.
- Do not push co-passengers while boarding or alighting.
- Do not make noise or play music openly in train and metro premise.
- Do not fight with other passengers, if there is any issue get help from metro security.
- Do not try to enter/exit when train doors are closing better late than never.
- Do not obstruct the closing of the train doors.
- Show your metro smart card or token at the entry gate for the opening of flaps.
- Show your metro smart card or drop your token in exit gate for opening of flaps.
- Use of smart card gives you 10% discount on travel fee.
- Please ensure that entry on a travel smart card is followed by a valid exit from the system. In case of mismatch penalty will be payable as per Business rule of metro department.
- Carrying token beyond exit gate is a punishable offence and attracts a fine or imprisonment.
- The refund of unused token can be returned within 60 minutes of purchase from purchasing station only.
Metro News & Updates
Two upcoming Metro lines will crisscross at the nearby KR Puram junction. The ball has been set rolling for the acquisition of 74 properties, including two temples. â€œWidening of this stretch is crucial. Putting in place more lanes will help motorists enormously as daily traffic jams at Tin Factory are notorious.
With no permission accorded by the centres in its latest unlock 3.0 guidelines, Hyderabad metro services will remain suspended in August. It is believed that resumption of metro services in the metropolitan cities would further increase the COVID-19 cases in the country.
The Tamil Nadu government has passed an order to rename three metro stations in Chennai after three late Chief Ministers of the state. According to a government order, the Alandur station will be called 'Arignar Anna Alandur Metro', the Central Metro as 'Puratchi Thalaivar Dr M G Ramachandran Central Metro' and the CMBT station as 'Puratchi Thalaivi Dr J Jayalalithaa CMBT Metro.'
Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa on Thursday said all projects under Metro Phase II will be completed in June 24 as the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation announced it plans to open the Yelachenahalli-Anjanapura route in November this year, and the Mysuru Road-Kengeri stretch in February next year.
Read more news and updates
Trials have been started by the Kolkata East-West Metro for running its rakes in the automatic train operation mode. This will facilitate increasing the frequency between two trains from the present five-six minutes to four minutes. Kolkata Metro spokesperson Indrani Banerjee was quoted in a PTI report, saying that the rakes of the East-West Metro can run in two modes â€“ Automatic Train Protection (ATP) mode and Automatic Train Operation (ATO) mode.
🙏 Happy Journey. Safe Journey.