Do's & Don'ts
Do's & don'ts while traveling in Metro:
- Wear a mask. Maintain Social Distancing.
- Do not sit on the prohibited seat to maintain social distancing.
- While going to board, allow passengers from train to de-board first.
- Mind the gap between platform and train while boarding or de-boarding.
- Keep before yellow line (generally have all platform) before boarding.
- Keep gap and distance from doors to allow passengers to board the train.
- Follow instructions of Station staff at the platforms, if they ask to so.
- Take care of your loose items like Saree, Dupatta, Dhoti and Bag etc. while boarding and de-boarding the train.
- Take care of your Bag/Purse/Luggage/Mobile while traveling or waiting at metro stations.
- Inform train operator in case any passenger/article stuck between train doors by pressing Passenger Emergency Alarm button/Handle.
- Take care and keep eye on the children & infants while traveling with them.
- Do not push co-passengers while boarding or alighting.
- Do not make noise or play music openly in train and metro premise.
- Do not fight with other passengers, if there is any issue get help from metro security.
- Do not try to enter/exit when train doors are closing better late than never.
- Do not obstruct the closing of the train doors.
- Show your metro smart card or token at the entry gate for the opening of flaps.
- Show your metro smart card or drop your token in exit gate for opening of flaps.
- Use of smart card gives you 10% discount on travel fee.
- Please ensure that entry on a travel smart card is followed by a valid exit from the system. In case of mismatch penalty will be payable as per Business rule of metro department.
- Carrying token beyond exit gate is a punishable offence and attracts a fine or imprisonment.
- The refund of unused token can be returned within 60 minutes of purchase from purchasing station only.
Metro News & Updates
As part of its fresh 'unlock' guidelines, the Maharashtra government on Wednesday allowed re-starting of Metro rail in the state from Thursday, October 15, in a graded manner. However, Mumbai Metro said it will start its services from Monday (19 October), while monorail services in the city will resume from Sunday.
The building of the Metro station to be built in the dense area of Old Delhi, Nabi Karim will be of 12 floors, parking and shopping complex will also be available above the metro station. This will be the first time that these three facilities will be found together in the same building. Not only this, it will also be an interchange of two metro lines, which will connect RK Ashram-Janakpuri Corridor and Indralok-Indraprastha Corridor.
DMRC has started the work of Phase-4 of Delhi Metro on Monday. The third new line to be built between Aerocity to Tughlakabad metro will be historic. The entire line will be 22 km long, on which a total of 15 new metro stations will be built. The work of making a U girder to be installed on a 4.2 km long elevated section of this line has started. Its 2.4 km stretch will be 'double-deck'. That is, the train and road will run together. Four new elevated metro stations will be built on this line.
This is good news for millions of people of the capital Delhi who travel by metro. DMRC is working on a common mobility card, after which debit and credit cards can also be used to travel in the metro. DMRC has started work on the central government's ambitious plan to implement the National Common Mobility Card. First of all, it will be trialled on the Airport Express Line and if everything goes well, the same system can be implemented on other lines of Metro from next year.
Read more news and updates
Maha Metro Nagpur and The Indus Entrepreneurs (TiE) have jointly organised a webinar session on "Business Opportunities with Nagpur Metro", on August 14. The webinar will dwell upon a range of business opportunities with Maha Metro Nagpur. It will be held between 4 pm and 5 pm and would be complimentary for all the participants. Dr Brijesh Dixit, Managing Director, Maharashtra Metro, always emphasizes on significant revenue share from Non Fare box.
🙏 Happy Journey. Safe Journey.