- Chennai Metro Smart Card Price and where to get it?
- Benefits of Chennai Metro Smart Card
- Types of Recharge of Chennai Metro Store Value Card
- Discounts & Rules on Chennai Metro Store Value Card
- What is Chennai Metro NCMC Singara Chennai Card?
- About the Chennai Metro NCMC Card: Singara Chennai Card
- How to get Chennai Metro NCMC Singara Chennai Card?
- Minimum & Maximum Recharge Amount in NCMC Card
- Important Instructions of Chennai Metro NCMC Singara Chennai Card
The Chennai Metro Smart Card offers a range of benefits for commuters, making it a convenient and efficient way to travel. Here are several advantages:
- Cost Savings: Smart card users often enjoy discounted fares compared to single-journey token users, making it a cost-effective option for regular commuters.
- Time Efficiency: The smart card allows for quick and seamless entry and exit at metro stations, saving time compared to purchasing tokens for each journey.
- Cashless Transactions: The smart card eliminates the need for cash transactions, providing a convenient and secure way to pay for metro rides.
- Ease of Recharge: Users can easily recharge their smart cards at metro stations, online, or through authorized vendors, ensuring they always have sufficient balance for their journeys.
- Automatic Fare Adjustment: The smart card automatically deducts the appropriate fare for the distance traveled, eliminating the need for manual calculations and ensuring accurate fare deductions.
- Validity Period: Smart cards typically have a longer validity period than single-journey tokens, allowing users to use the card over an extended period before needing to recharge.
- Balance Inquiry: Users can check the remaining balance on their smart cards at metro stations or through online portals, providing transparency and control over their travel expenses.
- Easy Replacement: In case of loss or damage, smart cards can be easily replaced, and the remaining balance transferred to the new card, reducing the inconvenience for users.
- Environmental Impact: The use of smart cards promotes a more sustainable and eco-friendly mode of transportation by reducing the reliance on paper-based tickets and tokens.
- At Customer Care Centre: Minimum recharge value Rs. 100/-, thereafter in multiples of Rs. 100/- and maximum monetary value that can be stored is Rs. 3000.
- Online Recharge: Conveniently recharge through the Mumbai Metro Portal at https://transit.sbi/.
- From Other Private Apps: Amazon, Paytm, WhatsApp minimum recharge value Rs. 100/- and for more information goes on official websites.
Chennai Metro Card Discount value: 20% discount on fare during every single journey.
The State Bank of India and Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) introduce the Singara Chennai Card to you.
The Singara Chennai Card is a contactless dual-interface (EMV chip-based) prepaid card with stored value functionality, providing a safe, secure, and seamless payment method. Offering a straightforward means to pay metro fares, this card extends its usage beyond the Chennai metro to other transit projects across the country. A distinctive feature of the State Bank Singara Chennai Card is the compartmentalization of amounts for various utilities, including transit. This allows the card to be used in NCMC-enabled transit projects such as buses and parking, utilizing the stored value on the card.
|NCMC Card Name
|State Bank of India
|Issued by (Bank Name)
|Singara Chennai Card
|Card Issuance Fee
|Reload and top-up / recharge fee (Per Load)
|Annual Maintenance Charges
|Card Replacement Charges
|Validity of NCMC Card
|SBI Customer Care Number
|Online Apply NCMC Card
To get Singara Chennai Card you just have to follow the below mentioned simple steps:
- Visit your nearest CMRL Metro station and request for the Singara Chennai Card at the Ticket Counter.
- Fill your details in the simple Application Form and submit it to the operator.
- After entering the details by the operator, One Time Pin (OTP) will be generated and sent to your mobile number provided in the application.
- After OTP validation, pay the top-up amount to load balance on the card for usage.
- Even you can fill required details in the webpage https://transit.sbi/swift-eform/custCardLink?cardLink=cmrl & note down reference number.
- Give the reference number to ticket operator to get your Singara Chennai Card.
For getting the card issued, you are required to visit your nearest CMRL Metro station and provide a self-declaration of one of the following OVD (Officially Valid Document) Number:
- Passport Number
- Voter ID Number
- Driving License Number
- NREGA Job-card Number
- Letter issued by the National Population Register, containing details of Name, Address, or Any other document as notified by the Central Government in consultation with the Regulator
- Proof of possession of Aadhaar number
Note: “Customer can voluntarily submit their Aadhaar Card number" for getting the card issued.
Minimum Top-up / Recharge Amount: Rs. 100/- (Initial top-up must be a minimum of Rs. 100/- and in multiples of Rs. 100/- thereafter). Top-Up can be done at Metro station or at Customer portal https://transit.sbi/
Maximum Top-up / Recharge and Total Chip Balance Limit: Rs. 2000/-
The Singara Chennai Card offers a 10% discount on fares compared to regular tickets.
- If you have any issues or grievances related to Singara Chennai Card then you may call 24x7 Customer Care on 1800-1234 / 1800-2100 . Alternatively, you can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your card is lost, stolen or damaged, then firstliy block the card on Customer portal i.e https://transit.sbi/ wherein customer can login using his/her credentials. After that contact SBI help center.
- If you want to top-up/recharge our card then paying in cash or by using debit/credit card at any our nearest metro stations. second option is online by visiting the customer portal at https://transit.sbi/
- If you want to check your balance in the card then visit our nearest metro station and tap on the Ticket Readers (TR) machine, the card balance will be displayed on the screen.