The Coimbatore Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu, India. Currently Coimbatore Metro network has 0 active stations. Find important and useful information like Coimbatore Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMR)|
|Number of lines||5 Metro Lines|
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Red Line|
|▣ Yellow Line|
|▣ Blue Line|
|▣ Green Line|
|▣ Pink Line|
Coimbatore Metro Route Map
Coimbatore Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Coimbatore Metro
- Coimbatore Metro, also known as Kovai Metro.
- The Union Government proposed a metro rail system for 16 tier-2 cities in India including Coimbatore in 2010.
- In 2013, E. Sreedharan made survey and announced metro rail as suitable transport for Coimbatore.
- In 2013, E. Sreedharan makes survey and announces metro rail as suitable transport for Coimbatore.
- In 2017 Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu also announces that Central Government is ready to launch and fund the Coimbatore Metro Project.
- In the year 2020, a fifth metro line has been proposed to connect CIBT at Vellalore with Ukkadam.
- In the year 2023 Rs 9000 crore allotted for Coimbatore Metro rail route between Avinashi Road and Sathyamangalam Road in the 2023 - 24 Budget session.
About Coimbatore Metro
Coimbatore Metro, also known as Kovai Metro, is a proposed rapid transit system for Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. this is the 5 lines is a mass rapid transit system (MRTS) to be built in Coimbatore, by the Chennai Metro Rail Ltd (CMRL).
The Coimbatore Metro's Phase 1 project has been under consideration since around 2011. In 2017, the responsibility for executing the project was handed over to Chennai Metro Rail Ltd. (CMRL), which acted as the Project Executing Agency (PEA). CMRL promptly initiated a two-stage process, supported by funding from the German government through the KfW development bank, to conduct the feasibility study and create a Detailed Project Report (DPR).
In November 2019, a collaborative effort between SYSTRA MVA Consulting (India) Ltd. and RITES Ltd. presented a feasibility report encompassing a comprehensive 136 km master plan to the CMRL. Pending approval, a detailed project report (DPR) will be meticulously crafted as the next step.
In the 2023 – 24 Budget session, Rs 9000 crore allocated for the Coimbatore Metro rail portion between Avinashi Road and Sathyamangalam Road.
|Red Line||Ukkadam Bus Terminus||Karumathampatti||Coimbatore Junction, Peelamedu, Coimbatore International Airport||29|
|Yellow Line||Ukkadam Bus Terminus||Bilichi||Saibaba Colony Bus Terminus, Thudiyalur||24|
|Blue Line||Karanampettai||Thaneerpandal||Singanallur Bus Terminus, Ukkadam Bus Terminus||42|
|Green Line||Nallur Vayal||Ganeshapuram||Perur, Gandhipuram Central Bus Terminus, Saravanampatti||44|
|Pink Line||Ukkadam Bus Terminus||Coimbatore Integrated Bus Terminus||Podanur Junction||8|