The Visakhapatnam Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, India. Currently Visakhapatnam Metro network has 0 active stations. Find important and useful information like Visakhapatnam Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Amaravati Metro Rail Corporation (AMRC)|
Visakhapatnam Metro Route Map
Visakhapatnam Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Visakhapatnam Metro
- Visakhapatnam Metro is a planned rapid transit system for the city of Visakhapatnam in Andhra Pradesh, India.
- It will be the only Indian city which will have a combination of both metro and tram.
- Visakhapatnam Metro Once constructed it will be the world's largest metro prepared in a PPP model.
- Accordingly, a Detailed Project Report is under preparation for 79.9 km length of Light Metro Rail system and for 60.2 km length of modern Catenary Free Tram system.
- Visakhapatnam Metro stations would have State of the Art Designs with pleasant exterior and interiors.
- All stations would have good connectivity to neighbourhood areas.
- The environmental friendly metro rail services of “Visakhapatnam Metro”, is being designed and developed to make it also the most Eco-friendly that would ensure the carbon print levels almost to ‘Zero’.
- The latest digital services would be adopted in providing services to the Metro Commuters. like Automatic Ticket Vending (ATV) machines, LED Glow Signage boards, One Start-to-End smart travel cards etc.
- The Visakhapatnam Metro Rail system is proposed in AP reorganization act.
About Visakhapatnam Metro
Visakhapatnam (Vizag) Light Metro is an urban light rail transit (LRT) system consisting of 3 lines and 31 stations proposed to be constructed by Andhra Pradesh Metro Rail Corporation (APMRC) in Visakhapatnam (Vizag), Andhra Pradesh, earlier known as Amaravati Metro Rail. Was known by name. Corporation (AMRC).
The detailed project report (DPR) of its 42.54 km long Phase 1 consisting of 3 elevated lines was originally prepared by the Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC), which was also assigned to execute the project, in September 2015.
In 2017, the project was stopped due to its high cost and low ridership projections that were not in line with the new metro rail policy of the Government of India. Moreover, the AP government had given priority to Vijayawada's metro.
The proposed Light Metro Rail corridors are
- Kommadi to Steel Plant Jn. on NH-16 (34.23 km)
- Gurudwara to Old Post Office (5.26 km)
- Thatichetlapalem to Chinavalteru (RK Beach) (6.91 km)
- Law college Jn. to Marikivalasa (8.21 km)
- Kommadi to Bhogapuram Airport (25.3 km) and
The Modern Tram Ways are:
- Old Post Office to Rusikonda Beach (15.40 km)
- NAD Jn. to Pendurthi (10.2 km)
- Steel plant Jn. to Anakapalli (18.2 km)
- Rusikonda Beach to Bheemili Beach (16.4 km)