The Guwahati Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Guwahati in Assam, India. Currently Guwahati Metro network has 0 active stations. Find important and useful information like Guwahati Metro route, metro lines, service operation timings, first train, last train, route map, fare chart, top attractions near metro station, metro station nearby, news and more.
|Operator||Guwahati Metropolitan Development Authority|
|Number of lines||4 Metro Lines|
|Metro lines||Terminal station||Terminal station|
|▣ Red Line|
|▣ Green Line|
|▣ Blue Line|
|▣ Purple Line|
Guwahati Metro Route Map
Guwahati Metro Fare Chart
Sorry! Fare Chart Not available.
Interesting Facts about Guwahati Metro
- Guwahati MRTS project has been enlisted by the Govt. of India as planning stage project.
- M/s RITES Ltd. completed Feasibility Report and the DPR (Phase-I) for the Rail based MRTS for Guwahati in January, 2016.
- The DPR (Ph-I) prepared for total length of 61.4 Km has four corridors.
- Govt. approved DPR for MRTS and formation of the State owned Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) namely Guwahati Metro Rail Corporation Limited.
- State Cabinet in January, 2017, has reviewed the project and suggested to recast of DPR (Phase-I) for Rail based MRTS with additional metro corridors from Dharapur to Guwahati Airport and
- North Guwahati to AIIMS and joining of all major points in Phase-I.
- In the meanwhile, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), Government of India has introduced new Metro Policy, 2017.
- M/s RITES Ltd. will prepare the Comprehensive Mobility Plan (CMP) & Alternative Analysis (AA) Report for Guwahati.
- On approval of the CMP & AA report the DPR for Mass Transit system will be recast and prepared accordingly.
- DPR Report will include integration of various transport modes, last mile connectivity, seamless transfer and universally accessible infrastructure.
- The works will take 6 months of time once formal agreement is signed with RITES.
About Guwahati Metro
The Guwahati Metro project envisions a swift transit system for the city of Guwahati, located in the Indian state of Assam. The comprehensive plan entails the development of four distinct corridors, collectively spanning a substantial distance of 61.42 kilometers during the initial phase of the project.
The Feasibility Report and Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the Guwahati Metro Phase 1 project was prepared by RITES in January 2016. On 26 February 2016, the state government of Assam approved the formation of the Guwahati Metro Rail Corporation Limited (GMRCL) to execute this DPR and the project.
Subsequently in January 2017, the state cabinet of the new government reviewed the project and suggested revising the DPR with additional lines connecting Dharapur to Guwahati airport and North Guwahati to AIIMS in Phase I itself.
By March 2020, RITES has been tasked with preparing a Comprehensive Mobility Plan (CMP) and Alternative Analysis (AA) report for Guwahati. After approval of these reports, the DPR of Guwahati Metro will be revised and finalized accordingly.
Guwahati Metro Proposed Phase 1 Metro Routes:
|Line Name||Terminals||Total Distance||No. of Station|
|Line 1||Dharapur – Narangi (Elevated)||22.6 km||22|
|Line 2||MG Road – Khanapara (Underground)||10 km||10|
|Line 3||Jalukbari – Khanapara (Elevated)||19.4 km||14|
|Line 4||ISBT – Paltan Bazar||9.4 km||8|
Guwahati Metro Fares (Ticket Prices)
The fare structure, prices, and rules for Guwahati Metro have yet to be announced.