|Veeranpuzha Beach, Kochi, Kochi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Veeranpuzha Beach open 24 hours every day, No entry fee.
|Beaches, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November, December
About Veeranpuzha Beach
Veeranappuzha is a lake in Kochi, Kerala, India. This is the northern extension of Vembanad Lake, the beach is lined with lush green vegetation with beautiful blue waters and golden sandy beaches. Rice is cultivated in the fields on the banks of Veeranpuzha. Here you can enjoy sunset and sunrise.
Architecture of Veeranpuzha Beach
The sea is 24 km long and 2.5 km wide. With seas and backwaters on either side, Vepin is mostly a densely populated place but suffers from a lack of fresh potable water during dry seas.
Interesting facts about Veeranpuzha Beach
- Veernapuzha is a beautiful lake in Kochi, with a series of saline lagoons and lakes parallel to the Malabar Coast, forming beautiful backwaters. Still very few tourists visit Veeranpuzha.
- Veeranpuzha is a fishing paradise as a lifeline for the nearby villages. Fishermen from nearby villages work here for their livelihood.
- The rural environment and spectacular sunsets are the highlights of the beach which makes it worth your visit. While every beach in the city is filled with tourists during leisure time, Veeranappuzha is known for a surreal and natural environment untouched by any development.
- Boating tours are available for visitors looking for some exciting things to do in Kochi.
How to reach Veeranpuzha Beach
By Air:- International airport is about 20 km away from Veeranpuzha Lake, from here you can book a cab.
By Rail:- You can either go to Kochi Railway Junction or at Kochi Harbor Terminus, from there you can take a train.
By Road:- You can take auto or rickshaw to reach the lake which will easily be available to you here.
Nearby famous places
- Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary
- Kochikkayal Container Road View Point
- Kadamakudy Lake View Point
- Oceanos Restaurant
- Restaurant 51
- Mattancherry Bar