|Puthuvype, Kochi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- The Beach are open to visitors from morning till evening. Entry Fee: The no entry fee to Puthuvype Beach
|Beaches, Fun and Activity
|Place visit with
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
About Puthuvype Beach
Puthuvype Beach holds historical significance as it was once a prominent trading port during the colonial era. It played a crucial role in connecting the region to international trade routes.
Interesting facts about Puthuvype Beach
- Puthuvype Beach offers stunning sunset views, making it a favorite spot for photographers and couples.
- It is a habitat for various bird species, making it a great spot for birdwatching.
- Fishing activities are prevalent, and you can witness local fishermen at work.
- Fort Kochi: Approximately 15 km
- Marine Drive: Approximately 10 km
- Cherai Beach: Approximately 25 km
- Mattancherry Palace: Approximately 18 km
- Willingdon Island: Approximately 12 km
- Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary: Approximately 13 km
How to reach Puthuvype Beach
By Road: Puthuvype Beach is easily accessible by road from Kochi city center. Taxis and auto-rickshaws are readily available for the short journey.
By Train: The nearest railway station is Ernakulam Junction, which is well-connected to major cities in India. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach the beach.
By Air: Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport, located approximately 40 kilometers away. Taxis and buses are available from the airport to reach the beach.
By Bus: Kochi has a well-developed bus network, and you can take a bus to reach Puthuvype Beach from various parts of the city.