|Near Taj Mahal Dharmapuri, Agra (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings is between 6am to 6 pm on all days. The entrance fee is INR 25 for Indian nationals and INR 300 for foreigners.
|Park & Garden, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Solo, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September, October, November, December
About Mehtab Bagh
Mehtab Bagh is situated on the bank of river Yamuna on the northern side of Tajmal which is also known as 'Moon Garden' or 'Moonlight Garden'. The park is built by Emperor Babur as the last of a series of 11 parks. The pavilions, fountains, flowers and fruit trees around the Mahtab Bagh add to the beauty of this garden. The garden has a variety of trees and plants like Guava, Hibiscus, Neem, Ashok and Jamun. Despite the bushes around it, the Taj Mahal is visible from here.
Architecture of Mehtab Bagh
The architecture of Mehtab Bagh reflects the typical Mughal style, with four garden layouts, square in shape and 300 meters on each side. The garden complex has been constructed with red sandstone, brick and lime plaster.
Interesting facts about Mehtab Bagh
- There are four minarets in the garden, one on each corner, out of these four, today only one tower is standing, which is present on the south-east side.
- To the north of the garden there is a terraced spring which feeds this pond.
- The overall architecture of Mehtab Bagh is further enhanced by the numerous plant nurseries that are being added to the garden.
- You can find bright flowers and interesting trees inside the garden.
- You can search for camel riding specialist organizations and you can decide to hire a camel for roadside ride.
How to reach Mehtab Bagh
By Bus:- The nearest bus stand to Mahtab Bagh is Agra Local Bus Stand which is 5.8 km away. From here you can easily reach the park by taking a rickshaw.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Mahtab Bagh is Agra City Railway Station which is 3.9 km away and is easily accessible by cab.
By Air:- The distance of Mahtab Bagh and Agra airport is 13.0 km. From here you can take a cab.
Nearby famous places
- Restaurants near Mehtab Bagh
- Taj Terrace 1.6 km away
- Cafe' G 3.3 km away
- Tea'se Me 4.2 km away
- C'est Chine 4.4 km away
- Cuisines: Chinese, Asian 4.6 km away
- Green Park Restaurant 4.3 km away
- Mughal Room 1.4 km away
- Agra Matan Chicken House 0.9 km away
- Desi Cafe Agra 4.3 km away