|Close to Bangalore, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|There is no entry charge and you can walk anytime.
|Caves, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
Ramanagara is about 50 kms from Bangalore where the iconic Bollywood film Sholay was shot. Ramgarh is also popular as the silk city and the soil of seven hills. The surrounding red rocky hills attract a lot of enthusiastic rock climbers and trekkers from the nearby cities of Bangalore and Mysore. Yetirajagiri, Shivaramagiri, Somagiri, Revannasiddeshwara Betta, Krishnagiri, Sidilakallu Betta and Jalasiddeshwara Betta are the seven major hills found here. There is an ancient Lord Rama temple on the top of the hill which is known as Pattabhiram Temple.
Interesting facts about Ramanagara
- The Ram temple is quite attractive and the idol with Sita sitting on Ram's lap is quite unique in itself. There are 400 steps leading to the temple and the climb is quite scenic.
- The view from the top is amazing, making it a great place for photography and family picnics.
- This place is a designated Vulture Sanctuary, hence it comes under the jurisdiction of Forest Department and it opens only at 9:00 AM.
- The hill is situated 3,000 feet above the ground and offers splendid views of the plentiful nature.
- It is also known as silk city and soil of seven hills.
How to reach Ramanagara
By Bus: - There is a civil bus station near Ramanagara, which is 2 minutes away from here, you can also go on foot.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station is Ramanagaram railway station which is 350 meters away, from here you can also go on foot or take a rickshaw.
By Air:- Kempegowda International Airport is 86.5 km away from Ramanagara. From here you can book a cab.
Nearby famous places
- Ramadevarabetta Vulture Sanctuary
- Innovate film city
- Janapada loka