|Savandurga, Bangalore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|An entry fee of INR 450 per person is being charged.
|Caves, Nature Sites and Parks
|Place visit with
|Friends, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
Savandurga is located 60 km west of Bangalore. Savandurga is actually made up of two hills, known as Biligudda and Karigudda. With an elevation of over 1200 meters above sea level, it is one of the largest monoliths in Asia, and is really fun for the trekkers. Narasimha Swamy and Savandi Veerabhadreshwara Swamy in the Savandurga hills are two pilgrimage sites visited by travelers. The area around the hill is rich in over 100 different species of shrubs and about 59 different species of trees, making it ideal as a wildlife habitat.
This area is also a good place for bird watching, many birds come here during the migration season. Here you can spend your whole day with family and friends.
Interesting facts about Savandurga
- Savandurga is made up of two hills which are locally known as "Karigudda".
- About 2000 years ago, the Savandurga hills were home to some human commune.
- The lush green scenery will mesmerize you and the captivating Magadi forest landscape will make your mind feel very calm.
- This trek starts on foot from Sri Narasimha Swamy Temple, and a lot of pilgrims can be seen.
- The Savandurga Hills are a part of the Deccan Plateau and consist of peninsular gneiss, laterites, basic dykes and granites.
- These hills are also very popular among rock-climbers, cave-explorers and adventurers.
How to reach Savandurga
By Road:- The easiest way to reach Savandurga is by road, you can also reach the destination by auto cab or bus.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Savandurg is at Hassan which is about 52 kms. There are many autos and rickshaws through which one can easily reach Savandurg.
By Air:- The nearest airport to Savandurga is Bengaluru International Airport, which is 142 km away, from here one can easily get cabs which can be booked and reached.
Nearby famous places
- Nandi Hills 3.4 km away
- Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple 6.5 km away
- Malleswaram 6.1 km away
- Orion Mall 5.2 km away
- Basavanagudi 7.6 km away
- Karnataka Chitrakala Parishat 7.2 km away
- Dodda Ganapathi Temple 7.6 km away
- Mantri Square 6.2 km away
- Sohum Spa 7.6 km away
- Bull Temple 7.6 km away
- Niga Crafts 1.7 km away
- Sankey Tank 7.3 km away
- Rangoli Metro Art Center 2.3 km away