|Mithapur, Patna (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Takht Sri Patna Sahib open 24 hours all days in week, No entry fee.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Married Couples, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|April, May, June
About Takht Sri Patna Sahib
Takht Sri Patna Sahib is one of the holiest pilgrimages of the Sikh community. The Gurudwara was built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh. Gurdwara is a gurdwara built in memory of the birthplace of Guru Gobind Singh, the 10th Guru of the Sikhs who was born in Patna. Here you can catch a glimpse of many relics including the arms of Guru Gobind Singh, four iron arrowheads, a gold-plated cradle and a pair of Guru's shoes. Langar or free food service is provided to all the visitors here.
Architecture of Takht Sri Patna Sahib
The Gurudwara is built in the style of Sikh architecture. The Gurudwara is made of white marble which looks very attractive. The Gurudwara is very big from inside in which many people can easily be accommodated.
Interesting facts about Takht Sri Patna Sahib
- There is also a museum in the premises of Patna Sahib Gurdwara which mainly displays artefacts related to Guru Gobind Singh Ji and Sikh history.
- Harminder Gali has many shops that sell interesting things related to Sikh traditions and culture.
- It is religiously obligatory for both men and women to cover their heads in the Gurudwara premises and thus it would be advisable to carry a scarf or handkerchief with them.
- The structure is very beautiful and gives inner peace upon entering the premises.
- This is the birth place of Guru Gobind Singh Ji.
- The Gurudwara is beautifully lit and the colors keep changing.
- The holy Gurudwara is visited by many devotees and is beautifully preserved till date.
How to reach Takht Sri Patna Sahib
By Road:- Patna is well connected to different parts of the country by air, road and rail. You can take auto or rickshaw to reach the Gurudwara.
By Air:- Patna Airport is 18.8 kms from Patna Sahib Gurdwara, from here you can easily go by booking a cab.
By Rail:- The nearest railway station to Patna Sahib Gurudwara is Patna Sahib Railway Station which is only 1.7 km away from the Gurudwara, from here you can easily reach the Gurudwara by taking a rickshaw or on foot.
Nearby famous places
- Har Mandir Takht 0.2 km away
- Buddha Smriti Park 0.8 km away
- Patna Museum 0.9 km away
- The Mall 0.8 km away
- Hanuman Mandir 2.2 km away
- Mridani 0.7 km away
- Bihart Craft Studio 0.8 km away
- Lion Pillar 0.8 km away
- Maurya Lok Shopping Complex 0.9 km away
- Bihar Museum 1.2 km away
- Bihar Police Museum 1 km away
- College of Arts & Crafts 0.9 km away
- Golghar 2.1 km away