|Daliganj, Lucknow, Lucknow (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This temple remains open from 6 am to 8 pm.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Friends, Solo, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|May, June, July, August
|Lucknow University Metro Station (2 KM) City Railway Station Metro Station (1 KM) Thakurganj Metro Station (2 KM)
About Mankameshwar Mandir
Mankameshwar Temple has an old history that is deeply rooted in the cultural tradition of Lucknow. The temple originates from bygone eras, and has seen the rise and fall of dynasties and empires. Its historical significance is intertwined with the history of the city, and it has been a place of worship and spiritual reflection for generations of devotees. The permanent presence of the temple is a testimony to the enduring faith and devotion of the people of Lucknow. This temple is especially popular during Shivratri and Shravan month when devotees come to the temple to seek blessings from Lord Shiva. The temple is also a popular destination for tourists, who come to admire the temple's architecture and learn about its history. The devotee who worships and serves Lord Shiva with devotion and faith in the temple with a true heart, Lord Shiva definitely fulfills the wishes of that devotee.
Architecture of Mankameshwar Mandir
The architecture of Mankameshwar Temple reflects the North Indian style of temple design. It has intricate carvings and artistic elements that are characteristic of the region. The temple is a place of peace and spirituality, with the revered Shiva Lingam in its sanctum, where devotees pray and seek blessings.
Interesting facts about Mankameshwar Mandir
- The temple is named "Mankameshwar" as it is believed that worshiping Lord Shiva here can fulfill the wishes and desires of the devotees.
- The temple is a center of religious and cultural activities, hosting grand celebrations during festivals, especially Mahashivratri.
- Mankameshwar Temple exemplifies religious diversity and tolerance in Lucknow, as it welcomes devotees from all backgrounds.
- The temple complex offers a tranquil escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, providing a place for meditation and contemplation.
- Mankameshwar Temple is an iconic institution in Lucknow and holds a special place in the hearts of the local population.
How to reach Mankameshwar Mandir
By Road: Lucknow is well connected by road to major cities of North India. You can reach the temple by taxi, auto-rickshaw or private vehicle within the city.
By Train: Lucknow has excellent rail connectivity, and the nearest major railway station is Lucknow Junction, which is well connected to different parts of the country. From the railway station, you can hire a cab or take a local train to reach the temple.
By Air: Lucknow also has an international airport, Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport, which connects the city to many domestic and international destinations. From the airport, you can easily hire a taxi or take a shuttle service to reach the temple.
Nearby famous places
- Bada Imambara 3 Km away
- Chhota Imambara 5 Km away
- Rumi Darwaza 4 Kms away
- Residency 4 Kms away
- Hazratganj market 3 kilometers away
- Janeshwar Mishra Park 7 km away
- Constantia House 5 km away