|Swaminarayan mandir, Mahesh Nagar, Nagpur, Nagpur (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Swaminarayan Temple Open from 08:00 am to 12:00 pm, 04:00 pm to 08:30 pm all days in week, No entry fees.
|Temple, Religious Place
|Place visit with
|Family, Married Couples, Friends, Parants, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April
About Shri Swaminarayan Temple
Swaminarayan Mandir is located on Ring Road in Nagpur which is also known as Akshardham Temple. The temple was inaugurated on 7 October 2013. This temple is dedicated to Lord Lakshmi and Narayan and is the 750th Swaminarayan temple. It has the idol of Lakshmi Narayan which is made of marble. In the evening, when the entire complex is lit up with lights, its beauty increases manifold.
The complex has a spacious kitchen, Yatri Niwas, Sadhu Sadan, a restaurant, children's play area and a parking lot. It attracts a large number of devotees and devotees from all over the country and abroad.
Architecture of Shri Swaminarayan Temple
The temple has beautiful pillars with attractive carvings and figures. The vaulted ceiling has an equally attractive carved decoration. Built on the style of Sompuri architecture, this magnificent building can amaze anyone. It has a two storeyed construction and has a staircase at the entrance. The inside of the temple is decorated with paintings, frescoes and a green carpet.
Interesting facts about Shri Swaminarayan Temple
- The temple is the largest among over 1,000 temples established by Swaminarayan Sanstha across the world.
- The temple was constructed under the supervision of Brahmananda Swami which was completed within fifteen months.
- The temple was inaugurated amidst Vedic chanting and rituals that began two days ago.
- Satsangs are held regularly, and the temple places special emphasis on the development of children.
- Activities around the world including de-addiction programmes, education, tribal welfare and environmental activities.
- The idols of Lakshmi Narayan were installed by Swaminarayan amidst the devotional fervor of Vedic chants and the installation ceremony.
- There are idols of various Hindu deities like Sita-Ramji, Shiva-Parvatiji, Balaji and Shrinathji.
How to reach Shri Swaminarayan Temple
From Airport:- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport is 12 km from Shri Swaminarayan Mandir, from here you can book a cab.
By Rail:- The distance between Nagpur Railway Station and Bap Shree Swaminarayan Mandir is 9 km. From here you can take a rickshaw.
By Bus:- Swaminarayan Mandir Dighori Bus Stand is near the temple which is 6 minutes walk away.
By Road:- You can also take auto or rickshaw to go to Swaminarayan Temple, you will get it easily here.
Nearby famous places
- Shree Ganesh Mandir Tekdi 2.1 km away
- Shri Vyankatesh Temple 0.8 km away
- Balaji Mandir Temple 1.2 km away
- Raman Science Centre 1.8 km away
- Sai Baba Temple 2.3 km away
- Shri Agyaram Devi Mandir 1.2 km away
- Narrow Gauge Rail Museum 1.5 km away
- Gandhi Sagar Lake 1.3 km away
- Panache 1.3 km away
- Deeksha Bhoomi 4.4 km away