|Empress City, Nagpur, Nagpur (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Time:- 8 am to 5 pm is the best time to see the lake.
|Lakes & Waterfalls, Sightseeing
|Place visit with
|Married Couples, Unmarried Couples
|Best time to visit
|July, August, September
About Shukrawari lake
Shukari Lake has a rich historical background dating back to the Bhonsle dynasty, which ruled the region in the 18th century. The lake was constructed during his reign as a water source for the city and its residents. The historical significance of the lake is also linked to the Friday market that operated nearby, which contributed to the naming of the lake. Over the years, Shukrawi Lake has played an important role as the city's water supply and recreational venue. It has seen the passage of time and the changing landscapes of Nagpur while maintaining its intrinsic beauty.
Architecture of Shukrawari lake
The architecture of Shukrawi Lake mainly consists of the embankment and the surrounding area. The lake is surrounded by trees and greenery, creating a serene environment. Tourists can explore well-maintained paths around the lake, which provide comfortable walks. There is also a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva on the banks of the lake, which adds to the architectural charm.
Interesting facts about Shukrawari lake
- Shukari Lake is a historic man-made lake located in Nagpur, Maharashtra, whose history is linked to the Bhonsle dynasty.
- Visitors usually do not need to pay entry fees to enjoy the tranquil atmosphere of the lake.
- The best time to visit is post-monsoon between October and March when the weather is pleasant.
- The lake served as an important water source for the city and was named after the nearby Shukriba Bazaar.
- The architecture of the lake is simple and it is surrounded by lush greenery, making it an ideal place for relaxing walks and picnics.
How to reach Shukrawari lake
By Road: Shukari Lake in Nagpur can be easily reached by road. Tourists can use local transport, taxis or private vehicles to reach the lake.
By Train: Nagpur Junction is the nearest major railway station to the lake, from there you can hire a taxi or use local transport to reach the lake.
By Air: Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar International Airport in Nagpur is the nearest airport. You can hire a taxi or use a shuttle service to reach the lake.
Nearby famous places
- Deekshabhoomi 2 Km away
- Futala Lake 6 km away
- Ambazari Lake 6 Kms away
- Ramtek Fort Temple 50 Kms away
- Dhamma Chakra Stupa 7 Kms away
- Empress City Mall 6 km away
- Bohra Masjid 3 Km away