|Location||Defence Colony, Delhi (Map)|
|Entry Fee & Timings||This place remains open from Monday to Saturday from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Sunday off.|
|Place Type||Gallary, Museums|
|Place visit with||Family, Friends, Kids|
|Best time to visit||March, April, July, August, September, October|
About Vadehra Art Gallery
Vadehra Art Gallery was established in 1987 with the vision of advancing Indian art as a medium of cultural celebration, knowledge and value in a public environment. A confidante of art history and a symbol of contemporary art, the gallery supports a vibrant and thriving ecosystem centered around artists and the protagonists of their work.
Interesting facts about Vadehra Art Gallery
- The collection of Vadehra Art Gallery includes works by Arpita Singh, A Ramachandran, Atul Dodiya and Ravinder Reddy.
- Vadehra Art Gallery has a collection of 14 books published by the gallery so far. Books range from art creation techniques and picture books to monographs on artists and a comprehensive art directory.
- It dares to experiment with the cognitive aspects of "reading" and "seeing" art within the gallery space, thereby fostering an immersive experience for creators and observers alike.
- One of the books in the gallery's collection is "Shilpa Gupta".
- It is published in association with global publishing giant Prestel. There are also extensive publications on Atul Dodiya and Sunil Gupta.
How to reach Vadehra Art Gallery
By Bus:- The nearest bus stop to Vadehra Art Gallery in Delhi is Lajpat Nagar. It is a 5-minute walk away.
By Metro:- Moolchand is the nearest metro station to Vadehra Art Gallery in Delhi. It is a 17-minute walk away.
By Train:- EMU 64091 is the first train that travels to Vadehra Art Gallery in Delhi. It stops nearby at 8:02 AM.
Nearby famous places
- India Gate 8.5 kms away
- National Gallery of Modern Art (NGMA) 9 kms away
- Humayun's Tomb 9.5 kms away
- Lotus Temple 11 kms away
- Hauz Khas Village 12 kms away
- Qutub Minar 13 kms away
- Lodhi Garden 13 kms away
- Rashtrapati Bhavan 14 kms away
- Akshardham Temple 14.5 kms away