|Sarai Kale Khan–Nizamuddin, Delhi (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This monument opens from 9:00 AM to 6:30 PM. Entry Fee:- There is no fee to visit the memorial, it is free.
|Palace & Landmarks, Monuments
|Place visit with
|Friends, Solo, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|September, October, November
|Sarai Kale Khan Nizamuddin Metro Station (1 KM)
About World Peace Pagoda
Shanti Stupa is a Buddhist monument located in the Indraprastha Park area of Delhi, a traditional Buddhist monument that houses religious relics and serves as a place of meditation and worship. Begun by the Nipponzan-Myohoji-Daisanga religious order of Buddhism It was inaugurated by the Dalai Lama on 4 November 2007. He envisioned these pagodas as a way to spread a message of peace and to counteract the effects of nuclear weapons and conflicts. The Shanti Stupa serves as a reminder of the importance of peace, compassion and understanding in a world often plagued by conflicts and divisions. It reflects the teachings of the Buddha and his vision of harmony between different cultures and religions. The stupa is open to the public, and visitors can take a tour around it, enjoy its architecture, and enjoy the views from the top.
Architecture of World Peace Pagoda
The Shanti Stupa is approximately 28 meters (92 ft) in height and has four levels. Each level features unique architectural elements and designs. The stupa, built entirely of beautiful white marble and with gilded figures of Buddha placed in niches facing the cardinal directions, stands beyond it, with a series of plaques at its base, explaining the history of the stupa.
Interesting facts about World Peace Pagoda
- The area around the stupa serves as a space for individuals and groups to engage in spiritual activities, meditation and reflection.
- The stupa is set in the middle of a beautiful lawn surrounded by flower beds and trees, and the area beyond is decorated to evoke Japan and Buddhism
- The path to the stupa itself leads through an impressively carved stone gateway that looks like a replica of the Sanchi gateway.
- Vishwa Shanti Stupa in Delhi is indeed an important structure which gives the message of peace and unity.
- The stupa serves as a reminder of the need for unity and cooperation among people of different backgrounds in the pursuit of peace.
- This stupa is a beautiful white stupa surrounded by gilded images of Buddha.
How to reach World Peace Pagoda
By Metro :- The nearest metro station to World Peace Pagoda is Indraprastha. It is a 22-minute walk away.
By Rail :- The nearest railway station to World Peace Pagoda is Pragati Maidan. It is a 12-minute walk away.
By Bus :- The nearest bus stop to the World Peace Pagoda is Nizamuddin Road Bridge. It is a 5-minute walk away.
Nearby famous places
- Old Fort 27 minutes away
- Children's Park 30 minutes away
- National Gandhi Museum 2.1 km away
- National Gallery of Modern Art 1.9 km away
- Humayun's Tomb 3 km away
- Gurudwara Bangla Sahib 4 kms away
- Rajpath 2.7 kms away
- Sunder Nursery Park 2.5 kms away