|Western Suburbs-South Mumbai, Mumbai, Mumbai (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Worli Sea Face is open 24 hours, Entry fee for vehicle 70 - 105 per Car, 110 - 165 per Tempo/LCV, 145 - 215 per Truck/Bus
|Bridge & Dams, Sightseeing
|Place visit with
|Friends, Solo, Siblings, Youngsters
|Best time to visit
|October, November, December
About Worli Sea Face
Worli It is the fourth longest bridge in India, connecting Bandra in the western suburbs of Mumbai with Worli in South Mumbai. It was built by Hindustan Construction Company and opened to the public on 30 June 2009. Situated near the stunning Arabian Sea with picturesque sea links, Worli Sea Face is a suitable option for the usually crowded boaters.
Architecture of Worli Sea Face
About 4,000 workers and 150 engineers were involved in the construction of the bridge. The face of the Worli sea is a vast feel of the sea and besides that the link on it is a mass of steel and architecture on its top. In the prime years, approximately 25.7 million working hours were spent building the eight-lane highway and cable-stayed bridge between 2001 and 2009.
Interesting facts about Worli Sea Face
- The long-awaited Bandra-Worli sea link, seen as an engineering marvel, weighs equivalent to that of 50,000 African elephants!
- The steel wire used is equivalent to the circumference of the earth.
- It has consumed 90,000 tonnes of cement, which would suffice to make five ten-storied buildings, informed a Maharashtra State Roadways Development Corporation official.
How to reach Worli Sea Face
By Bus: The nearest bus station to Worli Sea Phase is Mumbai Worli Sea Phase which is 6 mins walk.
By Train: Near Worli Sea Face in Mumbai the train station is Lower Parel which is 40 minutes walk away.
By Road:- You can also go by auto or rickshaw till Worli Sea which you will easily find here.
Nearby famous places
- Worli Sea Face is 4 minutes away from Golfa Devi Temple.
- The mysterious Mumbai Worli, 4.6 km from the mouth of the sea.
- Mahalaxmi Temple is at a distance of 4.3 km from Worli Sea Face.
- Nehru Center is at a distance of 1.8 km from Worli Sea Face.