|Khargone, Indore (Map)
|Entry Fee & Timings
|Timings:- This place is open from 5 am to 7 pm.
|Forts & Tombs, Monuments
|Place visit with
|Family, Kids, Friends, Married Couples, Parants
|Best time to visit
|January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
About Krishnapura Chhatris
Krishnapura Chhatris, also known as Krishna Pura Chhatris, are three chhatris located in Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India. The Chhatris were built in honor and memory of the Holkar rulers and their ancestors. These structures served as grand tombs and monuments where the remains of the Holkar rulers were buried. Chhatri is notable for his association with one of the most famous Holkar rulers, Queen Ahilyabai Holkar, who contributed significantly to the development of Maheshwar and its heritage. His burial chamber is one of the major structures within the complex. Over time, the Chhatris have been carefully preserved and restored, serving as a link to the glorious history of the Holkar Dynasty and the Maratha Empire.
Architecture of Krishnapura Chhatris
The Chhatriyas display a blend of Maratha and Rajput architectural styles. They are characterized by their ornate and intricately carved pinnacles, domes and pillars. There are three chhatris and five tombs in the complex. Steps from the rear of the site lead down to the banks of the nearby Kahn River. The chhatris are made of many different types of stone, and have elaborate carvings on their exteriors and pillars.
Interesting facts about Krishnapura Chhatris
- Chhatri Complex is a popular tourist attraction and heritage site in Maheshwar, attracting history buffs and architecture lovers alike.
- The architecture of the Chhatris exemplifies the cultural and artistic heritage of the region during the rule of the Holkar dynasty.
- The serene environment and picturesque location along the banks of river Narmada makes Chhatris a tranquil and contemplative place to visit.
- The different colors of the stones give a different attraction to this monument.
How to reach Krishnapura Chhatris
By Road:- You can take an auto or rickshaw to reach Chhatriyo.
By Rail:- Indore Junction is at a distance of 4 km from here. It is easy to reach Chhatris by taking a rickshaw from the station.
By Air:- The nearest airport to Chhatri is Gwalior, which is about 75 km away. It is easy to book a cab or Ola from here.
Nearby famous places
- Kanchan Bagh 1 Km away
- Lal Bagh Palace 3 Kms away
- Rajwada Palace 4 Kms away
- Krishnapura Chhatri 5 Kms away
- Gomatgiri 11 km away
- Central Museum (Indore Museum) 5 kms away