The Violet/Purple Line is a metro line of the Delhi Metro, a rapid transit system in Delhi, India. It consists of 34 active stations of all Delhi Metro network and operated by Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC). Explore Delhi Metro Violet/Purple Line route details like stations list, route map, interchange, fares, time and distance between source and destination, and top attractions nearby etc.
Sign: 🚆 Elevated, 🚇 Underground, 🚝 At Grade, 🅿️ Parking
|Violet/Purple Line Metro Stations||Interchange||Layout|
|◉ Kashmere Gate||⇓ ⇄ ⇄||- 🅿️|
|◉ Lal Quila||⇅||🚇️|
|◉ Jama Masjid||⇅||🚇️|
|◉ Delhi Gate||⇅||🚇️|
|◉ Mandi House||⇅ ⇄ ⇄||🚇️|
|◉ Central Secretariat||⇅ ⇄||🚇️|
|◉ Khan Market||⇅||🚇️|
|◉ JLN Stadium||⇅||🚇️|
|◉ Lajpat Nagar||⇅ ⇄||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Kailash Colony||⇅||🚆️|
|◉ Nehru Place||⇅||🚆️|
|◉ Kalkaji Mandir||⇅ ⇄||🚆️|
|◉ Harkesh Nagar Okhla||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Jasola Apollo||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Sarita Vihar||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Mohan Estate||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Tughlakabad Station||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Badarpur Border||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ NHPC Chowk||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Mewala Maharajpur||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Sector 28||⇅||🚆️|
|◉ Badkal Mor||⇅||🚆️|
|◉ Old Faridabad||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Neelam Chowk Ajronda||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Bata Chowk||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Escorts Mujesar||⇅||🚆️🅿️|
|◉ Sant Surdas Sihi||⇅||🚆️|
|◉ Raja Nahar Singh Ballabhgarh||⇑||🚆️|
Delhi Metro Violet/Purple Line Details
Line colorLine color is for indication purpose only.
Length of linePhysical length (distance between start and end) of Violet/Purple line.
Active stationsActive and functional stations count of Violet/Purple Line.
Inactive stationsCount of proposed or under-construction stations for Violet/Purple line extension.
Terminal stationsStart and End Stations of Violet/Purple Line
|Kashmere Gate ⇄ Raja Nahar Singh Ballabhgarh|
InterchangeNo. of lines connected or interchange count on Violet/Purple line.
|5 Interchange Stations - Kashmere Gate, Mandi House, Central Secretariat, Lajpat Nagar, Kalkaji Mandir,|
Delhi Metro Violet/Purple Line Route Map
Interesting facts about Delhi Metro Violet/Purple line
- The Violet Line (Purple Line) is the sixth line of the Delhi Metro and the second standard-gauge corridor after the Green Line.
- The Violet Line (Purple Line) stretch between ITO metro station and Kashmere Gate metro station is popularly known as the Heritage Line.
- Delhi Metro Violet Line (Purple Line) Opened two sections first is 3 October 2010 (Central Secretariat – Sarita Vihar) and the second on 14 January 2011 (Sarita Vihar – Badarpur).
- The 2010 Commonwealth Games began for the first time on the same day, 3 October 2010 the inauguration of the Violet Line (Purple Line) of the Delhi Metro in the city of Delhi, India.
- A further extension of the Violet Line (Purple Line) to Ballabhgarh (Raja Nahar Singh metro station) was opened on 19 November 2018.
- Delhi Metro currently has parking facilities at 15 metro stations of the Violet Line (Purple Line).
Delhi Metro News & Updates
Delhi Metro Violet/Purple Line Route FAQs:
Delhi Metro Lines and Routes◩ Red Line◩ Yellow Line◩ Blue Main Line◩ Blue Branch Line◩ Green Main Line◩ Green Branch Line◩ Orange Line◩ Pink Main Line◩ Pink Branch Line◩ Magenta Line◩ Grey Line◩ Rapid Line◩ Aqua Line
Top Attractions on Delhi Metro Violet/Purple Line
|Attraction||Nearest Metro (Distance)|
|St James Church||Kashmere Gate (0 KM)|
|Red Fort||Lal Quila (0 KM)|
|Jama Masjid||Jama Masjid (1 KM)|
|Shankar's International Dolls Museum||ITO (0 KM)|
|Indira Gandhi Indoor Stadium||ITO (1 KM)|
|Jantar Mantar||Janpath (0 KM)|
|India Gate||Central Secretariat (2 KM)|
|Rashtrapati Bhavan||Central Secretariat (1 KM)|
|National Gallery of Modern Art||Central Secretariat (2 KM)|
|Khan Market||Khan Market (0 KM)|
|Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium||JLN Stadium (1 KM)|
|Lajpat Nagar Central Market||Lajpat Nagar (0 KM)|
|Lotus Temple||Kalkaji Mandir (0 KM)|